PDA

View Full Version : gemzar

eric
08-22-2004, 09:06 PM
My wife Caryn has been on gemzar/herceptin and has found the gemzar very manageable (relatively speaking). Her only side effect seems to be fatigue.
It sounds like you've been through alot. I hope the gemzar is the answer for you.

Eric

Kathie in New Jersey
08-23-2004, 12:50 AM
I started Taxol-Gemzar-herceptin 5 rounds ago. I could give you my side effects but don't know which one caused what, either the taxol or gemzar. The first round I had 102 temp for three days. The second round, uncontrolable diarhea. The third round, diarhea, but better than week before. Fourth and Fifth round just tired. Also, after first and second rd. I had to get a shot for low white or red count. Other then that I would say that it is doable. Oh, lost my hair but that was the taxol, you don't loose you hair on Gemzar.Good Luck

Kathie

Hope
08-24-2004, 06:04 AM
I am presently on Gemzar and Xeloda. While after 3 months of it, it has shrank my lung met tumors, I am getting very low white blood counts. I have to take Neupogen for a week before I can get my next treatment. The onc. nurse said, this is a very common side effect of Gemzar. It does a number on your bone marrow. I hope this info. helps.