PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder pain can be something else

Ruth
08-30-2004, 10:18 AM
Hi girls - I wanted to let you know of a different possibility too. I had been having pain in my shoulder blade & in the muscle area where I had my mastectomy (felt like the bones - but actually was pain that radiated there). I thought the worst and started to freak out. However, what I have is super tightened muscles due to the weakening of my chest muscles from surgery and radiation. I now go to physical therapy three times a week to help me with this. I can tell a slight difference already. Sometimes my arm tingles and aches. This is all due to the muscle tightness.
Please tell your Dr. but don't necessarily think the absolute worst. It may end up being something like what I have...it has been a year since my mastectomy and I am still working on my shoulder! Good luck.
Peace, Ruth

Carlye
08-30-2004, 10:26 AM
Thanks Ruth,
I really appreciate your post! I will have it checked out and thankyou again for sharing your experiences with me!!

Sandy H
08-30-2004, 11:07 PM
There is all kinds of pain, tingling, shooting, itching, burning, pinching, pulling etc. from mastectomy surgery. I have had it all. There is lots of nerve damgage done from surgery. I had chest wall spasms that was horrible. It can go into the arm, neck, shoulder, sternum and took me a year to get use to these different sensations. I am not saying its any of these. I was on Herceptin 8 months and had a recurrence so it was thought then it did not work for me. I only get it now during chemo. I pray that you can get some relief or at least peace of mind and its nothing serious. Hugs, Sandy H.