PDA

View Full Version : When do you know?

Kristen
08-30-2004, 09:22 AM
I read the post below and it said to insist on a test if something happens longer than 2 weeks. I am still on Herceptin every 3 weeks, so I keep telling myself, it's just in my head. My masectomy side arm is numb and tingly going on 2 weeks and I called my onc and told her about my breast bone having a spot that hurts and the area over the masectomy feels like I burned my skin, it is very tender to the touch and a little warm. I have no rashes and the pain in my breast bone area is getting bigger and I feel it above my sternum. She said to take ibuprofin 800mg daily for 3-4 days and said it was probably the muscle tightening up or scar tissue. I finished carbo/taxotere/herc on March 29 and rads on June 1st. How long does it take for a body to recover from the chemo drugs or to differentiate(sp?) between a reoccurrance. I just had a muga and it was at 60. Have any of you had a reoccurance while on Herceptin for first time bc? Can this happen?

carlye
08-30-2004, 09:28 AM
Hey there,
How did your docs appt go?? My advise is keep being persistant with your doc, because the stress of worrying is not good for you!

Kristen
08-30-2004, 09:37 AM
Carlye, I've told you about my onc. she won't do anything. I would'nt even know what test to ask for. I've looked up all kinds of mets and none seem to fit, the ibuprofin isn't doing anything, my blood tests come back normal, she won't do tumor markers, anyway, a whole other story. Anyone on this board who reads this I would like to tell you that I met Carlye, we live in different cities and she was in mine and she told me about her reconstuction with Dr. Chang in Baltimore at Mercy Hospital, doing the s-gap. I wish more women knew of this procedure and this dr. He is warm, very calm and his work is great. it went well and we are trying to find a date in Dec to have my recon done. thank you for sharing your story with me and "showing me" the finished results. you are just as warm and caring but funnier than him. talk with you soon K

Carlye
08-30-2004, 10:03 AM
Ok I have another idea, what about your family doctor and talking to them about it. At least he/she could order your blood tests and maybe a CT scan! I still have that shoulder pain, but he did an x-ray and it came back normal, but then today I read a post of Lisa's that said the shoulder blade pain could be a sign of liver mets so now I am alittle freaked out again. I am leaving for Hawaii with my 2 older girls this Friday for my 40th but then I have a pet scan the following monday when I return. Come down and visit and go see my doc just once and he will take care of you!! :):)

carlye
08-31-2004, 12:24 AM
Hey K,
Thanks so much for the nice comments! I so enjoyed meeting you. I am glad you liked Dr. chang as much as I do. I think he is awesome and so caring and understanding!! Talk to you soon!!