PDA

View Full Version : To clarify -- no mets; just wondering about lungs

Vicki Z
08-31-2004, 03:49 AM
Hi Christine,

Thanks for the post. I haven't been shown to have any mets, but have coughed a lot through my htc treatments. I don't know if it's the chemo or something else.

That's why I was asking about symptoms to lungs and appropriate tests for it.

Hugs from So. Cal.,

Vicki

Esther
08-31-2004, 05:02 AM
Hi Vickie! I'm in So Cal also! I just had a cat scan to check on the progress of liver mets, and the lungs were included and shown clear.

As part of screening, I've also had chest x-rays, which I think can show if further examination of the lungs needs to be done.

What you're experiencing could very well be just a residual effect from the chemo. Just to be sure, though, I'd mention to your onc. and go from there. Anything that persists for more than a week, merits mentioning to my onc. per his instructions.

Hope
08-31-2004, 05:45 AM
Hi Vickie & Esther, I am from San Diego area. What part of So. Calif. are you both from? I have lung mets- multiple lung nodules in both my lungs. However, I have never has to many symptoms, maybe an occasional cough. And I thank God for that. I am currently on Xeloda and Gemzar and my last scans showed some shrinkage. Let me know if I can be of any more help.