PDA

View Full Version : Taxol Pain... For Shannon

jojo
09-02-2004, 02:53 PM
Shannon, I was on weekly Taxol for 12 weeks. I toleranced muscle / bone aches very well; although, I do have a very high tolerance level for pain. The aches came very randomly in many different spots of my body. I think this would not help others by much, but I found that constantly moving my body did help somewhat lessen my bone aches. The longer stationery, the harder to move my limbs, like a very stiff feeling, ya know? I was moving all the time while on Taxol.

I think that, if not for my high tolerance for pain, I would've felt more the aches earlier and probably would've asked for something to take in for wiping out the aches, and in turn preventing from a fever creeping in.

I had been running a stubborn fever. After some time on Taxol, my onc then decided to put me on Ibrupofen 600mg daily, only to keep it under control. After we had made sure that the fever wasn't steming from an infection, that is. It went up so high that I had to go to emergency room twice! I think around 103.8 and again 103.1; that was BEFORE I started taking Ibuprofen.

So, Ibuprofen did help.