PDA

View Full Version : JoJo is back from Athens (cute little story afterwards)

jojo
09-03-2004, 12:11 AM
As you may know, I am a proud aunty of 2 little elementary school kids, since I do not and won't be able to have children of my own.

I came home with, of course, many souvenir gifts. When I gave the gifts to the kids, I playfully pointed it out that not too many people go to Olympics, because of expensive tickets & such, so tell your friends that you know somebody who went to the Olympics.

My brother is volunteering at their elementary school, so this year he is helping out at his son's classroom. He is studying to become a teacher (career change).

My nephew wore his new Olympic t-shirt to school the next day. His teacher told his classroom to express whatever they liked: weekend plans, favorite animal, what they did last night, etc. My nephew shot up his arm, as if waving down a goodyear blimp and, of course, he got called on.

He said in his little squeaky loud voice, showing off his new t-shirt: "My Aunty JoJo went to the Olympics! She saw gymnastics & swimming!"

The teacher was like, "Oh that's cool, was it hot there?" The kid replied back, with a huge, expressive shrug: "I don't know!"

Well, I guess you had to be there to see it was funny action from my nephew! :-)