PDA

View Full Version : To Jerri re wigs

Irene from Tampa
09-21-2004, 07:55 AM
Hi Jerri

Hope everything going well for you.

When I was first diagnosed in 1996, I bought 3 wigs and several hats.

On my second recurrence and hair loss, I could not tolerate the wigs so stuck to hats and scarfs, making them look as mod as I could with big earrings and accessories.

I swore that if I ever lost my hair again (which I probably will if they put me on Taxol) I would not do the wigs and go bare. I haven't mustered up that courage yet and I admire anyone that has, so I don't know what I will do this time. It just gets so hot here in Florida.

My hospital, H. Lee MOffitt, has a hair salon and they sell all of these products, which is very convenient.

I am sure that they make them much more airy and comfortable now a day's.

Good luck Jerri

By the way - that fluid that they found around my lungs since my liver surgery is improving so hopefully will be nothing to worry about. They are going to keep a close eye on.

Irene

Merridith
09-22-2004, 04:29 AM
Hi Irene:

I found the heat drove me nuts too, so I started going "commando".

The first time I did it, I did it at a public pool swimming. The only people who noticed were SOME of the younger teenagers, and even then it wasn't much. No one else even batted an eye. Once you're swimming, at a glance, it looks like you have a cap on anyways.

That broke the ice for me and after that I got more courage...

Grit your teeth and go for it!!!! You won't rate nearly the attention that you think you should get!

Merridith