HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
rinaina

Asking for prayers and support yet again

Hello my her2 sisters. I am once again 7 years later asking for support and prayers. 2 years ago at my regular yearly breast surgeon appointment my diagnostic mammo was clear but my surgeon, Dr Yao who took over for Dr Sener, (long story but he is in California now and I highly recommend this amazing dr.), she found a lumpish area in my other, left breast. My cancer was in my right breast 7 yrs ago. She immediately did an ultra sound and all was clear and okay but she asked me to come back in 6 months for a recheck. When I returned she said all was fine and it appears that it was just fibro-cystic tissue and we would watch it clearly. There was not any evidence of a nodule or tumor. This years annual check up in April, again my mammo was fine but Dr Yao again felt a thickening in the same area and did another ultra sound and all was okay but she wanted me to return in 3 mo which was yesterday. Dr Yao said she would feel better, given my history with Her2, doing a core biopsy. Of course I consented and she did it right then and there. I am anxiously but optimistically awaiting the results which I should get by Friday, Monday the latest. I am hoping and praying the results are negative, however, I need advice along with your support and prayers. If the results are negative, as wonderful as this would be, the big question is then what? This area has come under question now twice, once 2 yrs ago and now. Is there something else I should be doing besides this core biopsy that was done even if the results come back in my favor? Thank you again for your support, help, love and prayers

AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote