HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
Ruth

10 years...

Hi everyone ~Goodness it has been such a decade. I can't even begin to express how grateful I have been over the years to this favorite website of mine. Granted I haven't participated like I have in the past these last several years but that is somewhat normal I think given I haven't been in active treatment and have only old treatments and memories to share. I am not on cutting edge knowledge anymore and feel I can't contribute as I once did. I can now however give many of you hope as you see my signature and "cancer stats" as they were 10 years ago. I have reached the milestone that I told my then 8 year old son (who's now a sophomore in college) that if I could make it to here it's worth a little celebration. It's a gold medal. It's the lottery ticket in life. Funny now that I have had cancer now i feel every day is a winning lottery ticket (but no-one outside really gets that). I am eternally grateful for all the support this place has given me. I have grieved and shared tears of joy as I have read so many wonderful stories here. This is a special place. Bless you all and I will be checking in as I always have.
Hugs ~ Ruth

Diagnosed 6/03 nursing daughter
Dose dense A/C 4x
Modified rad mast 8/03
IDC; 3 cm; 10+/16 nodes; ER/PR-; Her2+++
Weekly taxol w/Herceptin (off label) 12x's
40 weeks Herceptin
Radiation 33x
Reconstruction w/ implants 05 & 07
NED
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote