HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-13-2004, 03:12 AM   #1
Beth

Hi, I'm Beth. 39, dx 12/15/03, 5cm rt breast w/mets(2)to liver, & (2) ribs (1) sternum suspect bone spots. I also had breast pain dx cyst w/mamagram 2 yrs ago and the tumor was missed. I had an annual doctor exam each year therafter and the tumor was missed both times. Extreme breast pain & nipple colapse sent me to doctor dx stage IV.
Started Taxol w/Herceptin weekely, have had 2 treatments. Start bone drug Friday. Tumor already shrunk 1-2 cm, still have all hair, (dr says won't lose w/weekly treatments) side effects are minor. Going back to work full time after 5 weeks....feel really good! Minor fatigue, somewhat loose bowls, (eating more fiber)....dry skin. I feel really great! Keep positive you can go into remission and stay there on Herceptin!
I have 2 girls age 10 & 13 and got remarried in April. Husband is my Champion.

Hugs,

Beth from Ohio
Old 01-13-2004, 03:17 AM   #2
eleanor

Hi Beth,
you have the right attitude, stay positive.
We;re here for you anytime.
el
Old 01-13-2004, 03:25 AM   #3
Beth

Thanks El. I was given this website address by my breast healthcare nurse yesterday. What a Godsend, and how brave/strong are the woman! We will fight this together.

Bless you all,

Beth
Old 01-13-2004, 08:36 AM   #4
Lolly

Beth,
I always say the same about my husband, that he's my champion! The two of you will fight this thing together, and come out stronger. It's not the disease or treatment that's so hard, it's the fear, but being able to share the burden makes all the difference. Best wishes to you, and keep us posted.
Hugs,
Lolly
Old 01-13-2004, 11:00 AM   #5
jessica

Beth,
We are here to help do everything we can to keep your spirits up as you fight the fight!Wkly Taxol/Herceptin cleaned up my liver beautifully after 2 other tx combos were only moderately successful.I've been NED for 4 months now!
Keep the faith & stay strong.
God bless,
Jessica
Old 01-14-2004, 04:12 PM   #6
lolam

You will do just fine. You will see. With all the new drugs and procedures now days, we have more than a fighting chance on survival for many years. You can be there for those girls weddings! I had chemo 4 rounds before surgery to make sure the tumor shrank so good margins for surgery. Cancer reminds us not to just be alive, but really live. Each day is precious, as well as each relationship, each conversation, every day, new mercies and the faithfulness of God. So many girls work right through all the treatments. If I was not a lady of leisure, I am sure I could have also. A couple days I felt so crappy, but then wa-la I was back to normal. I hope you don't lose your hair. That is the Worst. Those wigs and hats and waiting for it to come back after was my challenge!! Both times!! You take heart, now, and Live!! You can do this! I know You can! You will see!! Hugs, LOla