HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-12-2004, 04:14 AM   #1
dede

Hi. I just got back from the oncologist, I had an MRI & CT scan last Friday. All was clear, except a lymph node on the affected side. I have not had any surgery, and I have opted for radiation therapy. (I am her2+++, stage 4) What are the proceedures for this & some side effects??? I am a little worried, of course.
Thanx!
Old 01-12-2004, 09:17 AM   #2
Lolly

Dede,
When you say affected side do you mean the lymph that's affected is in your chest area, underarm area or neck/clavicle area? I didn't have radiation for my recurrence, but when I went through first line treatment my chest, underarm and supraclavicular lymphs got 34 zaps.
First I went in to be "staged" for the treatments, they basically map out the area to be radiated. That was fairly tedious as it took quite a while, but the actual treatments were very easy, you lie on a table for 5-10 mins and you're done. I had tiredness and low blood counts, and the skin got fairly tight; it felt like a bad sunburn, but I never blistered. I used pure aloe jell and carried some with me all the time. I would put it on whenever my skin felt hot and dry. I hope this is helpful, and please keep us posted.
Hugs,
Lolly
Old 01-12-2004, 10:19 AM   #3
dede

He said it was under my arm, but deep. I had Chemo from March 28th til the middle of July-started herceptin Aug 1st, & been taking it every three weeks since. The radiation starts this week.