HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2007, 11:43 AM   #1
nitewind

Completely off topic but can someone tell me

First of all, I am not a vain person. I've been thru so much with the cancer treatments and all and I'm still doing herceptin till December. I look like I've aged twenty years in the last year and a half. I'm so depressed that I can't look in the mirror ( I see my grandmother looking back at me)! My face has gotten so many lines and creases and wrinkles, I know there's not much I can do there ( I need a miracle). But, I've always had very nice blonde hair and now it's a mousey brown and about a inch and a half long. What I want to know is do you think it would hurt to do my hair back to blonde? Or should I wait till all treatment is over? Honestly, if you could have seen me two years ago, I look like a totally different person, I don't recognize myself. This is very tough on my self esteem. I'm so very grateful for the treatments that are saving my life and I hate to sound vain, but this is really getting to me. I feel pathetic asking because so many are going thru such worse things. I just don't know who else to ask. What do you think?
Hugs
2 cm/ 0 nodes
Lumpectomy rt breast on 7/26/06
ER/PR- / Her2+++
A/C x 4
finished taxotere 2/07
finished 33 rads
Herceptin finished 12/07/07 Yippee!
nitewind is offline   Reply With Quote