HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-29-2008, 09:07 PM   #1
Bev

Irene,

Wish I knew the answers to the treatment questions,

Your post touched me as my grandmother had a berry farm in PA and brings back a lot of memories, of me as a child, picking them, straw, blue, rasp and black. Loved every minute, except creepy bugs.

Best wishes, Bev
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:38 PM   #2
Esther

Hi Irene!

I'm in Palo Alto right now spending the week here getting fractionated cyberknife.

From what I can understand, fractionated cyberknife is a safer way to treat tumors in a sensitive area, where you need to avoid other healthy tissue.

In my case, the liver lesion I have is very close to my small intestine, so fractionated cyberknife is a good option.

A good, experienced cyberknife team is important too, if Stanford is an option, I highly recommend them. Otherwise, go to the website for the company that makes the cyberknife, www.accuray.com and check for locations of cyberknife facilities.

You will have to check into how experienced they are, but there are facilities everywhere. You can also post your question on the message boards of the cyberknife support group, www.cyberknifesupport.org
There are some experts that volunteer their time and answer questions.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. I just had treatment #2, out of 5 today.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote