HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

Old 12-05-2008, 01:24 PM   #1
cullenhill@earthlink.net

Question What to do now?

Just wondering, when can someone start Tykerb. Is this only taken after there's a reaccurrance. I was dianosed in Aug.2007, age 43, Ivasive Ductial Carcinoma, poorly Differentiated. ER/PR-, HER2+ gene amplification with a HER217Z1 ratio of 12.0, node positive. I had 4 rounds TAC, weekly Herceptin. Bilateral mastectomy Dec. 11,2007. Residual minute foci of Invasive Ductal Carcinoma, Nodes showed no evidence of malignancy, at surgery. Jan.2008 started Taxol, continued weekly Herceptin, 35 radiation treatments. I should be finished with Herceptin in Jan. 2009. I have asked 2 oncologist, and my nurse if I could take anything else, they all say no. One onc. told me if I had a reaccuuance I needed to come to his cancer center and see their BC oncologist. (Since June 2008 we have not had a regular onc!!!) I have read that Tykerb sometimes is given after one finishes Herceptin. Anyway I am ready to finish with treatments, been weekly since Aug. 2007. But am really scared not to be doing something to keep this at bay. One onc. I saw said there was a 50/50 chance of reaccurrance. HELP! If any one has any advice please let me know.

Cheryl