HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Profiles In Courage
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2005, 02:56 PM   #1
lmarshall

LMarshall

Hi Liz, I'm in the same boat. New to this list as of today. Diagnosed in 5/04, right side MRM, node positive, Her2neu+++ and ER/PR +. 4 cycles AC (every 3 weeks) followed by 12 weekly Taxol and 4 weekly Herceptin as part of the trial. My oncologist consulted with the trial people and stopped the Herceptin after I had significant drop in ejection fraction - from the 70s to the low 50s.

I finished rads in March. I'm hoping that since my ejection fraction has recovered somewhat, that perhaps I can get back on Herceptin again. Not sure how this works when you are part of a trial.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:09 AM   #2
lmarshall

RE: low 50s for EF.

Low 50s is still in the normal range but I think they were looking at total change. Baseline muga scan before any chemo done in 6/04 I was at 74. After 4 AC, next muga scan was like 66. I consulted with a cardiologist at that point (as I understand it per the trial requirements?) who said do 4 herceptins and see what the next muga shows. So I did that and the muga after 4 herceptins (weekly) was in the low 50s.

At that point my oncologist and the trial folks decided to pull me off the herceptin. My next 2 mugas @ 3 mo intervals showed some recovery into the mid 60s for EF. So I'd like to see if they'll put me back on the herceptin with perhaps some breaks to see if they can keep my heart function where it should be??

Anyone else out there with this problem?

Lisa
Old 05-10-2005, 07:31 AM   #3
lmarshall

Hi Winnie way over in Singapore! I have an appt with my oncologist next week to discuss whether I can go back on Herceptin after a break since last Nov. He still thinks it's too risky but I told him I at least want to have the discussion.

Lisa