HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2010, 08:08 PM   #1
lizm100

Smile Celebrating my 2 year survivorship today.

Hello-

today I am celebrating my 2 year survivorsorship. It was on this day that the radiologist told me that he was confident that I had breast cancer. I remember the day very vividly how I was in the radiology center getting a mammogram that I was able to get at the age of 38 through my persistence and I sat in the cubicle waiting while the radiologist kept asking for more views and more views etc. My mammogram appointment ended up taking over 4 hours and in the end the radiologist gave me the bad news and explained my mammogram pictures to me (he spent alot of time with me) lastly, he told me that my doctor is waiting for me (it was well after 6PM) in her office to talk to me about where do we go from here.

I also recall being told that I was her2+++ after my 1st lumpectomy but was told "not to google it or I will freak out". This comment made me google it and I was sorry I did at the time. I wish there was a tool that only up to date information was on the web. I thought that I was going to die and not see my children grow up. My youngest was only 8 months old and my others were only 5 & 10.

I'm a rare member in this community since I did not have chemo & herceptin and I pray to God everyday that the numerous doctors I consulted with gave me the right advice. All the doctors said that since I was stage T1Mic they all felt that the risks outweighed the benefits. I hope and pray they were right and still worry about not having herceptin.

I can go on and write a book about my whole saga but what's important is that I'm still here and to the best of my knowledge I'm doing just fine cancerwise. Yes, I have some side effects from radiation but I'm alive and healthy.

I am very thankful to the members of this community who have always been there to answer my questions about this horrible disease with words of experience, wisdom, & encouragement. I don't know what I would have done without you. Thank you so much!!!!!!!

Sending (((hugs))) to all of you.

Liz
lizm100 is offline   Reply With Quote