Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2009, 06:49 AM   #1
margiermc

Striking a Major Nerve

I fought the good fight, I run the race, I kept the faith -
2 timothy 4:7

I worked for the government since I was 18, retired at age 32 with two children, my husband works for the government for 26 years, will retire in 7 years, age 51.

There are many government departments, the Sec. Kathleen Sebelius is under the Federal Agencies and Commissions - Reach her office at www.hhs.gov, this branch is about 5th one under the Pres. Obama's Executive Branch (not too far from Obama).
Under Health and Human Services gov. agency - Kathleen Sebelius is next,
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality www.ahrq.gov
next,
The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force - which is an independent panel that is registered doctors, scientist, etc - used for studies
which, helps in guideline standards for healthcare physicians and
insurers.
Maybe, these are the same folks, Obama used on the White House Lawn - handing out white coats, to push this reform.
However, you can see Q & A's at the site of the
U.S Preventive Services Task Force - www.ahrq.gov/CLINIC/uspstfix.htm#About - click contact us,
then click Frequently Asked Questions #1-#11 you get all the
answers.

Of course Kathleen Sebelius states, she has nothing to do with it - but, we know this was panel performed this study in the twilights right before the new Health Care Reform.

I can clue you in about the government, we hire independent panel of people all the time for surveys, job performance etc. - but, we do know what's going on - and it's paid by your tax dollar.

I'm informing everyone here on this panel - you need to get in touch with your congressmen or whoever you voted for - nip this thing in the but, you will see so many women, our future daughters and grandchildren getting turned down, denied for mammograms because insurance companies have set guidelines, and they stick with it - because, you the consumer buys into the package and agrees with it - there may not be a choice, because it's the only healthcare provider your job may have.

I fought this cancer in my liver for 10 weeks, it was a physical battle, I almost died. Then, getting into ned, I battled this emotionally and took on the vaccine for a preventive. Now, I'm battling this disease with society - because, I cannot believe the government panel that was hired - came up with guidelines setting the stage for future
rationed healthcare.

I will not stop saying - call your congressman, yes, do it, send letters, there is a petition going to Mr. President - They will listen
if they want a job in 3 years.

As far as I'm concerned, the old saying my dad would always say,
"you can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool some of the people all of the time." And, my Dad was an Army Sgt and worked for the gov't for 30 years. What can I say - it's in our blood. My government branch lesson plans here are for you
to contact, write letters, hound them, pound them, do what ever it takes, we need to continue research, self breast exams, screenings, etc. We need to Save All of Ourselves - this message was not for me - I know who to call - you may see me soon, somewhere -
but, I did this work for all of you - Wake UP, this is your government tax dollars funding such backwards stuff.

Here is a new bumper sticker motto - "A Change, One You Will Never Forget" - What did he mean by Change?? NOW, we are learning -

My son will be serving this country. My only boy. He will be serving 10 years, because he rec'd a 120,000 scholarship from the Airforce to be a Aerospace Engineer/Pilot.
He wants to serve a country, that now says - lets stop mammograms at age 40, when his mom gets it at 46, found by self breast exams.

Please, Don't be taken in by what Kathleen Sebelius statement says, she wants to probably crawl under a rock right now - the outcry is overwhelming - I don't think she even expected this - her statement was needed to make herself look good in the eyes of all the women that had breast cancer. And most of the women that were with Hillary Clinton, turned over to Obama thinking he will follow her compassion for women's healthcare. Well, look what you get!!

People need to be very informed on all issues, before they vote,
not just believe in the same rhetoric words, like change, hope.

When we filed for the scholarship, we new what we were doing, don't you think I have a clue what the government is doing
with these guidelines???

The panel U.S. Preventive Task Force - contact 301-427-1364

margie
margiermc is offline   Reply With Quote