HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-02-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
lizely

Getting into a clinical trial

This is directed to those of you who may already be in clinical trials hoping you can give the rest of us some advice in joining ones, as it looks like there are fewer and fewer HER2 related trials to participate in.

Outside of this site and the National Cancer Institute listing, how did you find out about clinical trials? Did your doctors help you in finding trials? Did you only look for trials in your own geographical area? What strategies did you use to get in? Did you have to pester the researchers to let you in?

Any other advice?
Her2+, mastectomy 4/2011 stage T1b, taxotere + carboplatin x4, herceptin for 1 year
lizely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:53 PM   #2
anna4969

Re: Getting into a clinical trial

Hi Lizely

You can go to clincialtrials.gov and do a search on Her2 trials. That should get one started.

I have participated in two clinical trials and I was alerted to both by my oncologist.

I would not think it to be difficult to get into a clinical trial as long as you meet the criteria they are looking for. Afterall, generally trials are very, very excited to see a patient who is interested. And obviously well informed as they sought out the trial.

Personally, I did some of my searches on clinicaltrials.gov but also relied on my oncologist and then looked to this website to see if anyone had posted about a clincial trial which looked like a match for me too. Also, there is a site: https://www.breastcancertrials.org/b....seam?cid=4076 whereby you put in your demographics and it matches you to trials. I haven't really used it but it appears to possibly eliminate some of the leg work.

Best of luck to you in your searches. I'm sure others will post about their experiences too.
anna4969 is offline   Reply With Quote