HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-15-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
hutchibk

Just a little brain surgery...

Where I've been for a leetle while...

I was checked in on Dec 15 for surgery (just after SABCS)… out on Dec 19. I had a craniotomy, otherwise known as brain surgery (yikes?), on a small part of the right cerebellum area. But as always, no symptoms at all. We saw it on my 3 month MRI. We had to remove the necrosis because it had started to spread and it threatened the 4th ventricle. It turned out to be a 1/2 dollar size hole in my right cerebellum covered w/ a titanium mesh and stitched up like Frankenstein. About golf ball size scar tissue/necrosis underneath had to be removed (no tumor, yay!). That's the great news... all necrosis. And, very similar to the surgery Steph had a few years ago.

We thought everything was going really well, as I was checked out of the hospital on Dec 19. I was about to have Christmas dinner and gift exchange with my family on Weds Dec 21 at about 7:45pm at my sister in law's house, when suddenly I decided I should lay down first - which is totally weird for me. So I went upstairs to lay down for a moment with a growing band of headache around my head. Within about and hour and a half, I couldn't walk, I had a monster headache, I couldn't look at any light (aversion), the room was spinning uncontrollably, I was throwing up (from my head, not nausea in my belly), and I was in ER at around 10:30pm with the surgeon who had performed the first surgery, Dr Patel, calling ER, telling them to take me right away, get me CTed and prep the OR. He IS an angel and he is spectacular. By 1:45am I was under anesthesia on the OR table getting another 5 hour surgery to stop bleeding and get Platelets under control (they were down to 55,000 which shouldn't be considered too low at all, but it all played into the bigger picture, I think). He sat with Mark talking another 15 minutes after ER surgery was over at 7am-ish on Thurs morning. He was dog tired, as was Mark, but I had made it through. I was in ICU for 3 days.

Then I was moved up to a regular room on the 3rd floor. They kept me there for 12 days, watching me so that it didn't happen again… I was in hospital for Christmas and New Year's Eve. I didn't care AT ALL… whatever the doctors (neurosurgeons) wanted, the doctors got. They stopped in and talked to me every day. I was very well watched and cared for. Oh, and believe me, you CANNOT sleep or get any rest in a hospital. Hahaha. 12 days total.

We were watching for healing and clotting of the area. I was CTed every other day to keep an eye on the area of surgery, and when my Platelets have fallen below 100,000, transfusions have been given. Platelets for me seem to fall because 1. the clinical trial for TDM1 I go to in Denver can cause that in some folks, and 2. because I have had high dose (IMRT) radiation to that area, twice, causing it to be a bugger to heal… and the 4th ventricle in the brain was not happy at all.

I was finally sent home on Jan 2… hallelujah! And I am just taking it slow and low. My Frankenstein scar in the back is about 4 inches long, and the neurosurgeon is not nearly as bad a barber as he said he was… We are on a one month watch/monitor for healing. The double radiation to the area makes it heal much slower. I am now in the hands of my local Oncologist who monitors my Platelets every other day to see if I need an transfusion, and if so, we send me to the hospital across the street where I get them transfused, until the one month is up and we know I am healed. One month will be up this Friday.

My platelets have not been as high above 100,000 as they had been… they have actually hovered around 85-90,000 for the last week. I am not transfused with 2 bags anymore as I had been in the hospital, just one bag now that I am an outpatient.

So, I am doing extremely well, I am glad to be healing, and that the "offensive material" is out of the brain! The only conundrum at this point is: 1. am I becoming 'refractory' to the Platelets? That can happen when your bone marrow starts to create antibodies that don't play well with the transfused Platelets, and it's not reversible… or 2. is it just a product of TDM1 causing my Platelets to drop a little as they are inclined to do? I did fly in and out of Denver on Monday Jan 9 to get my TDM1 treatment… or 3. is it a combination of the two?

That is a question for the ages that may not be easy to answer, but we know I am healing and it should NOT ever happen again… so there you have it.

That's where I've been... kinda quiet and had a few things on my mind, pun intended...

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."

Last edited by hutchibk; 01-15-2012 at 10:12 PM.. Reason: to add/correct
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #2
Gerri

Re: Just a little brain surgery...

Wow Brenda - I am speechless! The only thing I must say is that you obviously survived this ordeal with all your crucial brain matter intact! Your message was well written and so informative.

You are a champion of champions! My best wishes to you as you continue to heal. You go girl!!!
ER+ (30%) /PR+ (50%), HER2+++
AC X 4 dose dense, Taxol X 4 dose dense
Herceptin started with 2nd Taxol, given weekly until chemo done
then given every 3 weeks for one year ending on March 16, 2007
Radiation 30 treatments
Tamoxifen - 2 yrs (pre-menopausal)
May 2008 - Feb 2012 Femara
Aug 2008 - Feb 2012 Zometa every 6 months
March 2012 - Stop Femara, now Evista for bone strengthening
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look
back and realize they were the big things.
- Robert Brault
Gerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:53 AM   #3
hutchibk

Thanks Gerri! Yes, no gray matter was touched... all the surgery was really close to the surface. We got lucky! I know it made me more anal retentive (haha) and maybe even a little smarter. Not. Ha.

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #4
michka

Just a little brain surgery!!!! Brenda, what a terrifying story. Like Gerry I'll add a WOW! I am happy all this is behind you now. I hope you feel better and better every day. It's a good thing you were able to go to Denver. Michka

12.2010 Mets to liver,Herceptin+Tykerb
03.2011 Liver resection ER+70% PR-
04.2011 Herceptin+Navelbine+750mg Tykerb
06.2011 Liver ned, Met to sternum. Added Zometa 09.2011 Cyberknife for sternum
11.2011 Pet clear. Stop Navelbine, continuing on Hercpetin+Tykerb+Aromasin
02.2012 Mets to lungs, nodes, liver
04.2012 TDM1, Ned in 07.2012
04.2015 Stop TDM1/Kadcyla, still Ned, liver problems
04.2016 Liver mets. Back on Kadcyla
08.2016 Kadcyla stopped working. mets to liver lungs bones
09.2016 Biopsy to liver. no more HER2, still ER+
09.2016 CMF Afinitor/Aromasin/ Xgeva.Met to eye muscle Cyberknife
01.2017 Gemzar/Carboplatin/ Ibrance/Faslodex then Taxotere
02.2017 30 micro mets to brain breathing getting worse and worse
04.2017 Liquid biopsy/CTC indicates HER2 again. Start Herceptin with Halaven
06.2017 all tumors shrunk 60% . more micro mets to brain (1mm mets) no symptoms
michka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
chrisy

Brenda,
As you know I've been following you closely on all this. I think you are definitely a little smarter, if that was possible.

I wouldnt be surprised if the plates is a combination of the transfusions and tdm1. On my long tdm1 ride eventually it took quite a toll on my platelets and only now, over 7 monts after stopping, are they flirting with "normal" levels - and not even consistently there. Good that you are being monitored closely.

Oh. I got some of those chocolate "coins of the world" packs in my stocking at Christmas and I saved one that should be just the right size for your Mountain Charlie hole in the head patch! Let me know when you're ready, but you better hurry before my chocoholic husband finds it
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #6
karen z

Brenda,
Most people are busy during the holidays but, all I can say, is ........unbelievable (as well as I am also speechless). So glad you are finally home and now get a chance to relax and sleep. Your spirit, as ever, is amazing and you are one super strong gal. Take it as easy as you can and enjoy being home.
Love,
karen z
karen z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #7
ElaineM

Wink Re: Just a little brain surgery...

Wow !! What a scary experience you had !! You certainly had an unusual holiday season to say the least !!
I was just wondering how you were yesterday and then you came by and shared your experience.
You are certainly a strong, determined woman !! I am amazed you are still able to travel to Denver for your
T DM1 treatments.
Continue to take good care of yourself. I have my fingers crossed for you. Blessings of peace and good health in 2012 and beyond.
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48247
Lucky 13 !! I hope so !!!!!!
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52807
14 Year Survivor
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57053
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have." author unknown
Shared by a multiple myeloma survivor.
ElaineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #8
Paty

Brenda,
Great to hear from you. Wishing you reach Friday with no complications so the health incidents do not happen again. So sorry you had to spend the Holidays in hospital, but it doesn't matter as far as you are ok. I am sure there will be many more opportunities to celebrate. Love you and i send you a big and stong hug.
ER-PR+,her2+++
6 FAC
32 Rads
Dx. Lung fibrosis due to radiation
Ended 1 year herceptin in March, 2008
Paty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #9
Barbara H.

Hi Brenda,
I am so sorry that you had to go through this. I received my stage 4 diagnoses with a 3cm tumor to my left prefrontal cortex in May, 2004. I subsequently needed two surgeries for radiation necroses as a result of the stereotactic radiation I received. This was no piece of cake, and I can certainly relate to your statement about getting no rest in hospitals. I stayed awake all night listening to the chatter in the hall, and couldn't wait to get home. I was also on T-DM1 for 2 years. I am sure that all of this will resolve and become an unfortunate memory. I am wishing you the best with your T-DM1 trial, and my thoughts continue to be with you.
Kind regards,
Barbara H.
Barbara H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:57 PM   #10
hutchibk

Awww, ya'll are so nice. Thanks so much! Just wanted to let all know where I had been for almost a month. Seems like I was a tad bit busy, heh heh. But all is well now we believe, and Steph knows a lot about it too, she's been there.

Barbara, you too seem to know something about it as well. Chrisy, I will hope that my platelets keep steady now, low but steady.

Again, thanks all, and Go Texans, oops, that'll make someone mad. ; )

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Jan'04~
Sept'05~
Aug'06~

Apr'07~
May'07~
June'07~
Aug'07~
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
Sept'08~
Oct'08~
Dec'08~
June'09~
Sept'09~
Oct'09~

Old 01-15-2012, 02:12 PM   #11
Rich66

Amazing with all that you were able to fly to Denver. Yer a tuff one.
Rich66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:27 PM   #12
Becky

Ahh darling girl. I am happy you are on the road to recovery from this scary event. Andddd, that you have such a great attitude about the whole event too. I am thinking and praying for you.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #13
Sheila

Glad to see you posting again Brenda....now lay off the jello shots and get those platelets going....I'd give ya some, but mine are not exactly stellar....love that you have such a positive and humorous outlook....thats what makes you a true "B"

Hugs & Blessings
Sheila
Diagnosed at age 49.99999 2/21/2002 via Mammography (Calcifications)
Core Biopsy 2/22/02
L. Mastectomy 2/25/2002
Stage 1, 0.7cm IDC, Node Neg from 19 nodes Her2+++ ER PR Neg
6/2003 Reconstruction W/ Tissue Expander, Silicone Implant
9/2003 Stage IV with Mets to Supraclavicular nodes
9/2003 Began Herceptin every 3 weeks
3/2006 Xeloda 2500mg/Herceptin for recurrence to neck nodes
3/2007 Added back the Xeloda with Herceptin for continued mets to nodes
5/2007 Taken Off Xeloda, no longer working
6/14/07 Taxol/Herceptin/Avastin
3/26 - 5/28/08 Taxol Holiday Whopeeeeeeeee
5/29 2008 Back on Taxol w Herceptin q 2 weeks
4/2009 Progression on Taxol & Paralyzed L Vocal Cord from Nodes Pressing on Nerve
5/2009 Begin Rx with Navelbine/Herceptin
11/09 Progression on Navelbine
Fought for and started Tykerb/Herceptin...nodes are melting!!!!!
2/2010 Back to Avastin/Herceptin
5/2010 Switched to Metronomic Chemo with Herceptin...Cytoxan and Methotrexate
Pericardial Window Surgery to Drain Pericardial Effusion
7/2010 Back to walking a mile a day...YEAH!!!!
9/2010 Nodes are back with a vengence in neck
Qualified for TDM-1 EAP
10/6/10 Begin my miracle drug, TDM-1
Mixed response, shrinking internal nodes, progression skin mets after 3 treatments
12/6/10 Started Halaven (Eribulen) /Herceptin excellent results in 2 treatments
2/2011 I CELEBRATE my 9 YEAR MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/5/11 begin Gemzar /Herceptin for node progression
2/8/2012 Gemzar stopped, Continue Herceptin
2/20/2012 Begin Tomo Radiation to Neck Nodes
2/21/2012 I CELEBRATE 10 YEARS
5/12/2012 BeganTaxotere/ Herceptin is my next miracle for new node progression
6/28/12 Stopped Taxotere due to pregression, Started Perjeta/Herceptin
Sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #14
Mtngrl

Amazing story. Thank you for letting us know. Keep healing!
4/29/11 CT scan shows suspicious lesions on liver and lungs
5/17/11 liver biopsy
5/24/11 liver met confirmed--Stage IV at diagnosis
5/27/11 Begin weekly Taxol & Herceptin for 3 months (standard of care at the time of my DX)
7/18/11 Switch to weekly Abraxane & Herceptin due to Taxol allergy
8/29/11 CT scan shows no new lesions & old lesions shrinking
9/27/11 Finish Abraxane. Start Herceptin every 3 weeks. Begin taking Arimidex
10/17/11--Brain MRI--No Brain mets
12/5/11 PET scan--Almost NED
5/15/12 PET scan shows progression-breast/chest/spine (one vertebra)
5/22/12 Stop taking Arimidex; stay on Herceptin
6/11/12 Started Tykerb and Herceptin on clinical trial (w/no chemo)
9/24/12 CT scan--No new mets. Everything stable.
3/11/13 CT Scan--two small new possible mets and odd looking area in left lung getting larger.
4/2/13--Biopsy of suspicious area in lower left lung. Mets to lung confirmed.
4/30/13 Begin Kadcyla/TDM-1
8/16/13 PET scan "mixed," with some areas of increased uptake, but also some definite improvement, so I'll stay on TDM-1/Kadcyla.
11/11/13 Finally get hormone receptor results from lung biopsy of 4/2/13. My cancer is no longer ER positive.
11/13/13 PET scan mixed results again. We're calling it "stable." Problems breathing on exertion.
2/18/14 PET scan shows a new lesion and newly active lymph node in chest, other progression. Bye bye TDM-1.
2/28/14 Begin Herceptin/Perjeta every 3 weeks.
6/8/14 PET "mixed," with no new lesions, and everything but lower lungs improving. My breathing is better.
8/18/14 PET "mixed" again. Upper lungs & one spine met stable, lower lungs less FDG avid, original tumor more avid, one lymph node in mediastinum more avid.
9/1/14 Begin taking Xeloda one week on, one week off. Will also stay on Herceptin and Perjeta every three weeks.
12/11/14 PET Scan--no new lesions, and everything looks better than it did.
3/20/15 PET Scan--no new lesions, but lower lung lesions larger and a bit more avid.
4/13/15 Increasing Xeloda dose to 10 days on, one week off.
7/1/15 Scan "mixed" again, but suggests continuing progression. Stop Xeloda. Substitute Abraxane every 3 weeks starting 7/13.
10/28/15 PET scan shows dramatic improvement everywhere. All lesions except lower lungs have resolved; lower lungs noticeably improved.
12/18/15 Last Abraxane. Continue on Herceptin and Perjeta alone beginning 1/8/16.
1/27/16 PET scan shows cancer is stable.
5/11/16 PET scan shows uptake in some areas that were resolved on the last two scans.
6/3/16 Begin Kadcyla and Tykerb combination
6/5 - 6/23 Horrible diarrhea from K&T together. Got pneumonia.
7/15/16 Begin Kadcyla only every 3 weeks.
9/6/16 Begin radiation therapy on right lung lesion that caused the pneumonia.
10/3/16 Last of 12 radiation treatments to right lung.
11/4/16 Huffing and puffing, low O2, high heart rate, on tiniest bit of exertion. Diagnosed as radiation pneumonitis. Treated with Prednisone.
11/11/16 PET scan shows significant improvement to radiated part of right lung BUT a bunch of new lung lesions, and the bone met is getting worse.
11/22/16 Begin Eribulin and Herceptin. H every 3 weeks. E two weeks on, one week off.
3/6/17 Scan shows progression in lungs. Bone met a little better.
3/23/17 Lung biopsy. Tumor sampled is ER-, PR+ (5%), HER2+++. Getting Herceptin and Perjeta as a maintenance treatment.
5/31/17 Port placement
6/1/17 Start Navelbine & Tykerb
Mtngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:44 PM   #15
dawny

WoW, you have been thru the ringer! I hope you just feel better and better now, you deserve it.

Dawn
Abraxane weekly - 16 weeks
Herceptin every third week
September 26 2011 N.E.D!
Herceptin ongoing
8th Dec 2011 Brain MRI - clear
20th Dec 2011 bone/cat scan clear still NED
April 2012 scans show axillary node lump - ? what to do...
June 2012 Axillary node dissection 1/11 nodes affected, a wide local excision shows DCIS. Now what to do again? Watch and scan 3 monthly
April 2013, two spots in nodes to chest wall, start TDM1 (Kadcycla) as part of clinical trial
July 2013 stable
Oct 2013 progression off TDM-1 (Kadcycla)
Nov 2013 radiation to lymph nodes in sternum
Dec 2013. Mastectomy right side, pathology shows tumour was HER-2 negative, no wonder TDM-1 (Kadcycla) didn’t work!
April 2014 NED. On Herceptin only
August 2014 NED. On Herceptin only
March 2015. NED. On Herceptin only
September 2015 NED on Herceptin only
March 2016. Pulmonary embolism, Clexane injections daily forever. Still NED On Herceptin only
Nov 2016. Bone Mets in ribs - Radiation. Don’t know if bone Mets are er-/pr-/HER2+ or triple negative.
Can’t give self injections on to tablets (Xarelto) for blood clots.
2017 NED - On Herceptin only
2018 NED - On Herceptin only
2019 NED - On Herceptin only
2020 NED - On Herceptin only
2021 NED - On Herceptin only
dawny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #16
Soccermom

Wink Re: Just a little brain surgery...

Brenda,
Wish I could think of something witty but I simply can't
As everyone has already stated you are one helluva warrior! You amaze me.. You make me laugh and smile.. AND it's obvious your "grey matter" is still far superior than most peoples!!!
Love you, appreciate you and will continue to keep you in my prayers!

Marcia
Soccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:56 PM   #17
Ceesun

Thumbs up Re: Just a little brain surgery...

Brenda, Sending along my best wishes and prayers for an easier ride from this moment on. You have always been and continue to be an inspiration to me. Hugs, Ceesun
Ceesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:29 PM   #18
Patb

Brenda
I have always said when the wind changes we adjust
our sails, you are now the captain of the seas.
What a trip. Take care and you have my prayers
patb

Diagnosed June, 06, Stage I, Grade3, ER+PR- Her2positive, No Nodes. A/C X 4. Radiation 33 with boost, Herceptin every two weeks until Nov.
07, Arimedex for 5 years. Mugas and Echo and chest xRay. Bone scan of whole Body, and Back of Brain and spine MRI.
CT scan of Lungs every six months
due to two small places. December
2009, bone scan due to bone pain.
Follow up test in 2010.
Patb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #19
Mary Jo

Wow....what a read that was. I, like the rest, am so thankful you are on the mend. You surely don't lead a boring life, do you? Obviously you are here for a reason. You just keep going and encouraging all those around you. How blessed we, and everyone else who knows you, are.

Prayers for complete healing. Hugs and much love.

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #20
sassy

And here I thought you were probably jamming with the rock stars!

You are a rock star!
Left mast .9cm tumor 5 of 14 nodes
Triple Positive
4 DD A/C
12 Taxol/Herceptin
33Rads
Strange infect mast site one year aft surg, hosp 1 wk
Herceptin for total of 18 months
Lupron Monthly 4 yrs
Neurontin for aches, pains and hot flashes(It works!)
Ovaries removed 11/09 stop Lupron and Neurontin
Arimidex 6 yrs (tried Femara, no SE improvement)
Tried Exemestane-hips got so bad could hardly walk
Back to Arimidex for year seven
Zometa 2X Annual for 7years, Lasix
Stop Arimidex 5/13
Stop Zometa 7/13-Bi-lateral Stress Fractures in Femurs from Zometa
5/14 Start Tamoxifen
3/15 Stem cell transplant to stimulate femur bone growth/healing
5/15 Complete fracture of right femur/Titanium rods both femurs
9/16 Start Evista stopTamoxifen
3/17 Stop Evista--unwelcome side effects!
NED and no meds.......
14YEARS NED!
sassy is offline   Reply With Quote