HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #21
Emy

Re: Who's ready for some good news...?!!

I am so happy for you...You are my inspiration.....
Eileen
July 2015 stopped weekly taxol (2.5 years of weekly taxol) still on herceptin perjeta every 3 weeks..still ned
Jun 2014 liver ablation of 1 liver tumor..now ned
Jun 28, 2013 ca15-3 24, cea 3.8... Pet scan showed 2 liver tumors with intensity of 2.7 and 2.5 (11/13 intensity was 8.0)
Jan 2013 herceptin, perjeta every 3weeks, taxol weekly
Jan 2013 MRI showed 3 liver tumors doubled in size ca-15 is 55 end of month 71, cea 7
Dec 2012. Pet scan showed single liver nodule, having MRI liver on dec18th...MRI liver 3tumors... on herceptin, tykerb , fulvestrant ca-15-3 is 42
Sept 2012 ca-15 went from 85 to 35, pet scan showed decrease
May 2012 herceptin every 3 weeks, 1500 tykerb daily (6pills) and fulvestrant every 3 wks
May 2012 herceptin stopped working ca-15 is 85
Sept 2011 started herceptin every 3 wks and femara daily..mets to liver. Bone and lymph nodes
2011 liver mets...all samples from 2001 and 2010 reviewed...her2 positive, fish 5.4. Er positive, prog neg. Stage 4 breast ca...never was lung cancer
2010 16 weeks of chemotherapy for lung cancer (incorrect). Carboplatin and vinalbine...was actually breast ca mets
2010 misdiagnosed with lung cancer ..2cm tumor removed..lower right lobe removed
2001-2006 tamoxifen
2001. Ductal ca. Rt mastectomy
Emy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #22
caya

Smile Re: Who's ready for some good news...?!!

Mazel Tov Andi on your excellent news!

all the best
caya
MRM Dec.18/06
3 x FEC, 3 x Taxotere
Herceptin - every 3 weeks for a year, finished May 8/08

Tamoxifen - 2 1/2 years
Femara - Jan. 1, 2010 - July 18, 2012
BRCA1/BRCA2 Negative
Dignosed 10/16/06, age 48 , premenopausal
Mild lymphedema diagnosed June 2009 - breast surgeon and lymph. therapist think it's completely reversible - hope so.
Reclast infusion January 2012
Oopherectomy October 2013
15 Years NED!!
caya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:23 AM   #23
Ellie F

Thanks Andi for the birthday wishes! So very pleased with your news x

Ellie
Ellie F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:48 AM   #24
Paula O

Hooray! What wonderful news, I'm very happy for ya.

Paula
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:01 AM   #25
Jackie07

I am! (ready for some good news...

So happy for you, Andy. Your honest sharing (of your emotion/resolve/optimism...) helps us all to honestly face the reality and ourselves.

NICU 4.4 LB
Erythema Nodosum 85
Life-long Central Neurocytoma 4x5x6.5 cm 23 hrs 62090 semi-coma 10 d PT OT ST 30 d
3 Infertility tmts 99 > 3 u. fibroids > Pills
CN 3 GKRS 52301
IDC 1.2 cm Her2 +++ ER 5% R. Lmptmy SLNB+1 71703 6 FEC 33 R Tamoxifen
Recc IIB 2.5 cm Bi-L Mast 61407 2/9 nds PET
6 TCH Cellulitis - Lymphedema - compression sleeve & glove
H w x 4 MUGA 51 D, J 49 M
Diastasis recti
Tamoxifen B. scan
Irrtbl bowel 1'09
Colonoscopy 313
BRCA1 V1247I
hptc hemangioma
Vertigo
GI - > yogurt
hysterectomy/oophorectomy 011410
Exemestane 25 mg tab 102912 ~ 101016 stopped due to r. hip/l.thigh pain after long walk
DEXA 1/13
1-2016 lesions in liver largest 9mm & 1.3 cm onco. says not cancer.
3-11 Appendectomy - visually O.K., a lot of puss. Final path result - not cancer.
Start Vitamin D3 and Calcium supplement (600mg x2)
10-10 Stopped Exemestane due to r. hip/l.thigh pain OKed by Onco 11-08-2016
7-23-2018 9 mm groundglass nodule within the right lower lobe with indolent behavior. Due to possible adenocarcinoma, Recommend annual surveilence.
7-10-2019 CT to check lung nodule.
1-10-2020 8mm stable nodule on R Lung, two 6mm new ones on L Lung, a possible lymph node involvement in inter fissule.
"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY." Irene from Tampa

Advocacy is a passion .. not a pastime - Joe
Jackie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:51 AM   #26
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...

I think we all could use some HAPPY news...!!!

Thanks for chiming in, Jackie.

Your words -- about my "honest sharing --
(of your emotion/resolve/optimism...) helps us all to honestly face the reality and ourselves".
Your words touch my heart.

We each must share! We aren't whining. We're reporting. To hopefully guide and inspire others with their reality.

Does anyone here get spacey or dizzy when a pillow pressures on the back of their skull?

I have 4 pillows on my bed I am always rearranging, propping, poofing. I thought I was working at getting support for my neck -- so my left arm (where they removed 21 nodes) doesn't feel painful. Yes, I still get that pain but only when I lie down.

Hmmm...

In recovery I was propped up on a pillow, kind of sitting up, and feeling dizzy and nauseous. The nausea nurse Jayne immediately took care of. Shot some Zofran into my IV. Couldn't do anything for the dizzy...

I saw others patients recovering, getting up slowly, walking hesitantly, headed for the bathroom to pee (a must before being released). I could not move. An hour went by. Other patients were leaving. Jayne stayed with me solidly, talking, making notes. I was saying, I'm never going to get out of here.

Then I moved the pillow down, and relieved the pressure on back of my skull unwittingly and it hit me -- that's what's causing the dizziness! Jayne looked up. Came from the end of the bed to my side. We chatted, and she said, I have the same problem! Kind of a revelation to her too. Really? Yes! Does everyone have that problem? I don't know.

We thought. She said, That's why everyone is always buying a new pillow and throwing pillows away. Trying to find the "right" pillow. We said, the back of skull is a pressure point. I said, You mean it's a positional thing. I thought I liked supporting my neck (even use an airplane semi circle pillow in bed) -- but what it's doing is relieving pressure on the back of my skull.

Soon, I was able to dangle, then to touch the floor with my socked feet and shuffle to the bathroom, w/Jayne helping me so kindly and caringly.

Just something to think about.

Do you have an issue anyone w/feeling spacey or out of it from pressure on the back of your skull? I didn't realize I do till Thursday! And neither did Jayne!
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...

Last edited by Andrea Barnett Budin; 06-30-2013 at 07:57 AM.. Reason: clarity
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:51 AM   #27
Cat

Andi,
So happy for you! Enjoy the weekend.

Cathy
bilat mastectomy w/TRAM
32 rads
9/08 recurrance 4 sternal nodes
mediastinoscopy, able to remove 3
taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin, x6
continue herceptin indefinately
5/10 recurrance in same node/area
mediastinoscopy, removed nodes
added tykerb
27 rads
10/18/10 PET shows inflammation no active disease
8/2011 recurrence one right mediastinal node, xeloda and proton radiation to node.
D/C xeloda due to toxicity
12/5 PET scan clear
2/2012 colon blockage, breast cancer
(never thought it could go there! thought I was constipated)
start abraxane, herceptin, continue tykerb
10/2012 Kidney ablation (renal CA!)
3/2013 CT and biopsy R kidney (BC met to R kidney)
4/4/2013 Begin Kadcyla
7/30/13 Craniotomy cerebellar mets, 1.7cm 3cm
Sept 4-6 post op cyberknife
Sept 23 ablation right kidney (blow up pesky breast ca met)
Oct headaches MRI Oct 10 (only surgical changes ! Yay!)
Short of breath. CT, pulmonary function, echo
New crap in right lung heart good. Pooh!
12/13 DC kadcyla. Begin halaven
2/14 MRI brain NED Yay!
4/3/14 CT mostly stable but breast mets r kidney growing
4/16/14 ablation right kidney again
Continue halaven, tykerb
dc halaven gemzar?
2nd opinion May 14
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:23 PM   #28
SusanN

Wonderful news Andi...God is so Faithful!!!!
1/4/13 Rexcision, NO CLEAR MARGINS!! :(
2/11/13 Mastectomy with Expander Placed
2/15/13 INFECTION at Mastectomy site...emergency Surgery!!! Expander removed :(
DX: DCIS, IDC, Stage 2a, 2.7cm, 1/5 nodes positive
ER/PR-, HER2+++
3/28/13 Port placed
4/1/13 Begin 6 Cycles TCH Therapy
4/1/14 Finished Herceptin!!
SusanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:45 PM   #29
Pray

What a wonderful spirit you have. Gods blessings are all around you
Her2 +3
4/12 nodes
6 rounds TCH
Herceptin 12 months 3weeks
Rad. 30 tx
Tamoxifin 6 months stopped
Arimedex stopped 9/12 (side effects)
Aromasin 10/12
Pray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #30
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...

Okay, I went a whole day without napping or lying down! Still some belly pain @ 1 of the punctures. The other 2 sites are happy.

I'm still in a nightgown, without my game face on, but I am getting better! Moving almost normally. Well, let's not get carried away.

Abdominal surgery, apparently including laparoscopic is an ordeal.

I just keep reminding myself of the good news part of this story! And I look up and say, Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Denise, I hope you are still hanging tough. I know you will be good at the end of the tunnel. Weaning is a B*%ch... Even for 1 day...

Prayers all day for Karen. Today is ablation day...

Congrats to all who are super Survivors! Tricia, Mary Jo... and anyone I am not remembering.

Oh, brain not all there yet post anesthesia and blood sugar crash followed by super highhhhhh.... Still confused in there, but coming along. Look -- I can still type!!

Love to all, every one of you,

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #31
Jean

Dear Andi,
I am a little behind - but you are always in my prayers.
(but I think you already know that). I am not surprised
at all to read your delightful post! I delight in your joy, strength and love.

I had to smile reading about the pups, who knows us best but our fur children?

Rest and heal dear heart.
Hugs,
Jean
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:53 AM   #32
KsGal

Im sorry Im late to congratulate you on the awesome, wonderful news! I am so happy for you, and I celebrate right along with you. You are such an inspiration, and your posts have helped me so much. I always believed that "thoughts are things" and what you put out there is what you get, but sometimes its hard to keep all the thoughts positive and be absolutely certain in what you believe. Those little negative thoughts creep in no matter how hard I try sometimes. Reading your posts and your threads always reassures me, makes me get back on the positive track and helps me put a smile on my face. All in all, you help me keep the faith, so thank you so much. Im sending lots of positive energy and prayers your way...
December 2012 was diagnosed with five brain mets, and had whole brain radiation.
Around July 2014 two mets in brain, one a residual spot and one new one growing in size. Received Cyberknife on both areas
Clear/NED
April 2015 remain NED
KsGal is offline   Reply With Quote