Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2016, 09:46 AM   #1
CindyW

HER2-triple positive/shingles

Hey everyone! I'm new to this group, I really wish I'd found you
Last year when I started this 'journey.'
I was DX with HER2-triple positive last September. I had 4 of 6
Treatments of taxotere and carboplatin along with herceptin. The side effects became so bad that I opted out of heavy chemo. I just got diagnosed with shingles for the 2nd time. (I had it a year ag). I didn't realize it's a side effect of herceptin. My oncologist wants me to continue herceptin; I have 2 left before I'm done. I have a mild case, just like before, except it's on my abdomen this time. Last time on my face. I'm uneasy walking into my clinic with other cancer patients without warning them I have it. Chances are slim I'd pass it but I guarantee I'll be using their bathroom at least twice and it will have to be sterilized. The rash has spread downward, yup, on my butt. I won't mince words. I don't trust my Oncologist anymore and plan on finding a new one once treatment is done. I asked him about post treatment Oetscans and got this answer: "I don't do them. I don't believe in them. They can show too many false positives." My cancer is a recurrence from 14 years ago and it's one of the deadliest, and this guy doesn't believe in them? Am I wrong thinking that yes, could be true but it's still the best we have. As far as my shingles? I am announcing it to the patients there and if one person is uncomfortable with me being there, I'm gone. Last time I had shingles my cardiologist had me reschedule my appt with him.
What do y'all think of this?
CindyW is offline   Reply With Quote