HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-18-2005, 09:02 PM   #1
athena453

Hi Nicola-

So sorry to hear of your recurrence. I am also sorry to say that I do not have any information to add with regards to lapatinib, but I have heard wonderful things.

I was dx this May at age 27, stage 3C, ER/PR-, Her2+++, 30/34 nodes.

I live in Yorktown, VA.

May I ask who your onc is? Just curious as I have heard about several in the area.

Arielle
athena453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 08:40 AM   #2
Nicola

Thank You so Much.....Lapatinib

Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much for your words of kindness and encouragement and for the info on Lapatinib.

Made me feel pretty good this morning being called a "Trailblazer" as I get ready for my doctors appointment to discuss this clinical trial and treatment plan.

I will share every bit of information I get on Lapatinib combined with Taxol and Herceptin with all of you, and my progress as I start down this long road.

I feel so very blessed to have such good care givers and now to have a place to come to where I can relate and share with others that are going through the same thing.

I am currently going to the Virginia Cancer Institute, my onc there is Dr. Christopher Desch. He is supposed to be the top onc in the region, he is actually leaving the VCI and is going to be heading up a national cancer study but has assured me that he will stay with me even after he leaves the VCI. My onc surgeon is Dr. George Parker from Saint Mary's Hospital and my radiation doctor is Dr. Judy Chin. They are a wonderful group of doctors with the best bed side manner I have ever seen in doctors. I am very fortunate to have them treating me.

I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers always, we will be triumphant in this battle no matter what, because what we experience will help others, as those that have gone before us have helped us.

Big Hugs,
Nicola
Nicola is offline   Reply With Quote