HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-19-2004, 01:15 AM   #1
Kitty

Donna,

My first 90 minute boost of herceptin turned out the same way - never had problems since. I am on weekly taxol/carboplatin/herceptin and feel just great. I work full-time without any problems. I prefer to take my treatments on Friday afternoon because the decadron keeps me awake treatment night. I find taking benadryl helps me sleep but then I like the energy I have to clean house etc on Saturday. Anyhow I hope you find this treatment just as easy as I have so far - I've been on weekly treatments since 11/7/03. Good luck.
Kitty
Old 01-19-2004, 11:25 AM   #2
Donna

Kitty:

Thanks so much for that positive response!
Old 01-20-2004, 06:25 AM   #3
jessica

hi donna-
I've been on weekly Herceptin since May and managed well the entire time...I tried to switch to once every 3 weeks, but the dosage was higher & I had all those flu-like symps, plus really bad body aches.Tylenol was helpful to get through the fever, temp, etc.Despite it all, I've gone back to weekly tx, but take Tylenol, just in case.
Good luck to you.Stay strong!
Jessia
Old 01-21-2004, 07:57 AM   #4
Kitty

Donna,
Just wanted to let you know that I have been on the weekly taxol/carboplatin/herceptin regimen for 11 weeks and my cat scan showed a near total regression of my liver mets. This would be the equivalent of 3 rounds....pretty amazing stuff I would say so please hang in there. I hope the next scan is totally clear!!!!