HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-13-2012, 10:35 AM   #21
yanyan

Re: Dizziness Question

Hi Greg ! Good to hear MJ is now feeling better ! I don't mean to be rude or pushy but i would still go for a brain scan just to be on the safe side. You can never be too careful with cancer. Why is MJ getting off Xeloda? My doctor prescribed me 4 cycles of Xeloda and i am on my last cycle of Xeloda. We will be looking at surgery if the scans are good. He did mention that having surgery does not mean i will be off the drug. My fiancee although very shocked at my fast recurrence is somehow" happy" and feels safe when i am on treatment.
BMX with immediate recontruction 5/2011 Lattismus Flap- Dx stage 3c 10/23 nodes
9/11 Radiation
3/12 Local recurrence to skin stage IV
Whole body scan CLEAR
4/12 Tykerb & Xeolda Skin mets slowly regressing
8/12 PET & Brain CT Clear
5/13 Skin mets progressing
6/13 PET scan chestwall recurrence in contralateral anxillary,internal mammary and ipsilateral subpectoral nodes
6/13 kadcyla
10/13 whole body scan -clear NED. previously resolved skin rash gone but 3 new lesions. Biopsy confirmed for skin recurrence
11/13 to 02/14 tykerb & herceptin
02/14 add abraxane/gemzar, 2 weeks on 1 week off at reduced dose
05/14 whole body PET clear/ brain CT clear but skin mets are getting worse, ready for new chemo
05/14 navelbine perjeta herceptin
07/14 skin mets progressing red rash worse
08/14 wide local excision with diep flap to close wound. Final path shows 2 positive margins showing inflammatory carcinoma Going back to surgery in 2 weeks
09/01/14 resection- clear margins
3 weeks after 2nd surgery, a new nodular rash found near drain incision with 2 small red spots behind the chest wall biopsy on 10/1. Positive for breast cancer
Radiation 11/2014 with xeloda then weekly cisplatin
11/14 brain MRI clean
12/14 finished 33 radiations burnt and very painful. Bedridden for 1 week
12/14 t current Herceptin and perjeta only
02/15 rash on upper back right side skin mets radiation planned
02/15 staring electron radiation *35
Stopped at 30 due to severe skin burn, resumed 10 days later
05/15 red patches appeared in between previously radiated area, skin mets. Ct and brain Mri clear. Simulation planned, radiation to start after trip to Alaska.
05/24 new spot identified in scar line on previously radiated reconstructed breast- electron on both side chest wall area and scar line
07/15 multiple skin and lung recurrence begin halaven
11/15 cough much better but very tired on halaven and starting to see some new red skin blotches-suspicious
11/15 heading to China for immune therapy
yanyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #22
MJsHusband

Hi YanYan,

Thanks. MJ started her fourth cycle of Xeloda/Tykerb yesterday. She usually feels pretty good until the second week, especially the last couple of days.

I've mentioned a brain scan to be on the safe side, but she wants to limit the scans she is getting. Since she has no symptoms of brain mets she doesn't feel there's a need at this point. I was getting concerned with her two incidences of dizziness and falling down, but they haven't occurred since then and can be explained as caused by other things. She never has headaches or any kind of pain like that. It seems from the reading I've done that most get brain scans only after symptoms arise? Has anyone reading this gotten an MRI without any symptoms?

The oncologist wanted her to stay on Xeloda for 6 cycles but it was all he could do to convince her to do 4. She really doesn't like it as you can tell. Honestly, she has no known tumors. All were removed in the original treatment and then the hysterectomy removed all the other known tumors. There's no real way to know if the Xeloda has done anything. Nothing to watch regress or shrink. All that can really be proven is if it didn't work and something shows up on the next scan. She will continue Tykerb as long as it works. I know Tykerb was approved only if combined with Xeloda. I'm not sure how that will work going forward. If the oncologist is required to prescribe both or if he can just prescribe Tykerb alone. I guess there is no way to prove if the patient is taking their Xeloda every day or not so I guess you can just get it filled and not take it? Has anyone else reading this gone to Tykerb only?

MJ is kind in between being able to use either T-DMI or Pertuzumab. She's only had one failed Herceptin treatment so can't be on T-DM1 trials (that I'm aware of) and because she had the Herceptin already, she can't get Pertuzumab(or if she can get it, it may not be covered by insurance. Kind of between a rock and a hard place for now. I'm hoping of course the Tykerb does it's job. At least until T-DM1 is on the market.

Thanks again for your reply. I don't take it as rude or pushy. I'm on here for advice and pass it along to her. She doesn't like to come onto these forums so I do that for her.

I hope your treatment continues to get rid of those skin mets.

Thanks,
Greg

08/10 ~ Dx IBC, Her2+++ ER-/PR- Stage 4, mets to liver. Age 43.
08/10 ~ Began 12 weeks of Taxetere/Carboplatin/Herceptin tx
[10/10 ~ Scans show liver lesions are gone. NED!
11/10 ~ Ended chemo. Herceptin-only tx
01/11 ~ Mastectomy
03/11 ~ Radiation
07/11 ~ Reconstructive surgery
10/11 ~ PET/CT shows NED :)
01/12 ~ Malignant tumors found in uterus, cervix, fallopian tubes and lymph nodes. Dx as endometrial cancer. Stage III2c
02/12 ~Hysterectomy(all tumors removed). Back to NED.
02/12 ~ Final Herceptin treatment.
03/12 ~ Began Cisplatin/Adriamycin tx for endometrial cancer.
03/12 ~ Tumors dx her2 metastisis, not entdometrial cancer. Back to BC tx.
03/12 ~ CT scan shows NED. :)
04/12/~ Began Tykerb/Xeloda.
06/12 ~ Ended Xeloda. Continuing Tykerb. Still NED.
09/12 ~ PET/CT scans show NED. : )
04/13 ~ Rash on original breast biopsied as cancer.
05/13 ~ Surgery to remove skin and tissue around rash. Continue Tykerb.
06/13 ~ PET/CT scans show NED : )
11/13 ~ Jaundice eyes and skin. CT scan show mets to liver as well as peritoneal carcinomatosis with malignant ascites. Began Abraxane/Herceptin tx.
02/14 ~ CT scan shows NED. :)

MJsHusband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #23
Lani

Since Tykerb causes diarrhea and diarrhea can cause dehydration and dehydration can cause dizziness/low blood pressure, how about making sure MJ doesn't get dehydrated if she gets diarrhea

Just a thought
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #24
StephN

Dear MJ's Husband

MANY of us here have come up with brain mets with NO symptoms. I am only one example of this.

Since I became stage IV, my med onc was ordering a brain MRI annually even without symptoms. He would come up with some reason to satisfy the insurance. His experience with HER2 patients told him it was only a matter of time before I could also have brain mets, even when NED in the rest of my body.

Thus, my two brain mets (one was even 3 cm) were caught in my routine screening.

Also, as for wanting to limit scans, an MRI is done without radiation. (Magnetic Resonance Imaging). A person can have all the MRI's necessary and not add to a year's total radiation quotient.

A brain MRI is much more precise for detecting even very small mets that a CT would not find.

To be on the safe since since MJ is stage IV, getting a brain MRI would give you some peace of mind and get a baseline into her chart.

MY STORY SO FAR ~~~~
Found suspicious lump 9/2000
Lumpectomy, then node dissection and port placement
Stage IIB, 8 pos nodes of 18, Grade 3, ER & PR -
Adriamycin 12 weekly, taxotere 4 rounds
36 rads - very little burning
3 mos after rads liver full of tumors, Stage IV Jan 2002, one spot on sternum
Weekly Taxol, Navelbine, Herceptin for 27 rounds to NED!
2003 & 2004 no active disease - 3 weekly Herceptin + Zometa
Jan 2005 two mets to brain - Gamma Knife on Jan 18
All clear until treated cerebellum spot showing activity on Jan 2006 brain MRI & brain PET
Brain surgery on Feb 9, 2006 - no cancer, 100% radiation necrosis - tumor was still dying
Continue as NED while on Herceptin & quarterly Zometa
Fall-2006 - off Zometa - watching one small brain spot (scar?)
2007 - spot/scar in brain stable - finished anticoagulation therapy for clot along my port-a-catheter - 3 angioplasties to unblock vena cava
2008 - Brain and body still NED! Port removed and scans in Dec.
Dec 2008 - stop Herceptin - Vaccine Trial at U of W begun in Oct. of 2011
STILL NED everywhere in Feb 2014 - on wing & prayer
7/14 - Started twice yearly Zometa for my bones
Jan. 2015 checkup still shows NED
2015 Neuropathy in feet - otherwise all OK - still NED.
Same news for 2016 and all of 2017.
Nov of 2017 - had small skin cancer removed from my face. Will have Zometa end of Jan. 2018.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #25
yanyan

Thanks Stephanie! This is what i really love about this support group - Everyone is so loving and supportive, yet respectful of other people's decisions !

Hi Greg ! You are right there is no way to know if a patient is taking xeloda or not. I remember someone posted that her oncologist has to prescribe them together but its between them that she is only taking tykerb. Like you said since there is no tumor left, we dont know if they are working or which one is working. I guess routine scan and tumor marker testing would be a good way to monitor.

I feel MJ is probably in denial of her recurrence. She is doing a lot - exercising to prove she is strong and that she can beat it. She does not want to come to the support group so she does not have to be reminded what she is dealing with. Maybe when she is more peaceful about the cancer reality, she will be more open to treatment options and support groups. But no matter what decision she makes on her treatment, i wish her the best !
BMX with immediate recontruction 5/2011 Lattismus Flap- Dx stage 3c 10/23 nodes
9/11 Radiation
3/12 Local recurrence to skin stage IV
Whole body scan CLEAR
4/12 Tykerb & Xeolda Skin mets slowly regressing
8/12 PET & Brain CT Clear
5/13 Skin mets progressing
6/13 PET scan chestwall recurrence in contralateral anxillary,internal mammary and ipsilateral subpectoral nodes
6/13 kadcyla
10/13 whole body scan -clear NED. previously resolved skin rash gone but 3 new lesions. Biopsy confirmed for skin recurrence
11/13 to 02/14 tykerb & herceptin
02/14 add abraxane/gemzar, 2 weeks on 1 week off at reduced dose
05/14 whole body PET clear/ brain CT clear but skin mets are getting worse, ready for new chemo
05/14 navelbine perjeta herceptin
07/14 skin mets progressing red rash worse
08/14 wide local excision with diep flap to close wound. Final path shows 2 positive margins showing inflammatory carcinoma Going back to surgery in 2 weeks
09/01/14 resection- clear margins
3 weeks after 2nd surgery, a new nodular rash found near drain incision with 2 small red spots behind the chest wall biopsy on 10/1. Positive for breast cancer
Radiation 11/2014 with xeloda then weekly cisplatin
11/14 brain MRI clean
12/14 finished 33 radiations burnt and very painful. Bedridden for 1 week
12/14 t current Herceptin and perjeta only
02/15 rash on upper back right side skin mets radiation planned
02/15 staring electron radiation *35
Stopped at 30 due to severe skin burn, resumed 10 days later
05/15 red patches appeared in between previously radiated area, skin mets. Ct and brain Mri clear. Simulation planned, radiation to start after trip to Alaska.
05/24 new spot identified in scar line on previously radiated reconstructed breast- electron on both side chest wall area and scar line
07/15 multiple skin and lung recurrence begin halaven
11/15 cough much better but very tired on halaven and starting to see some new red skin blotches-suspicious
11/15 heading to China for immune therapy
yanyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #26
Hopbird

I'll third or fourth or whatever that brain MRIs don't require radiation...and it seems like some dizziness is enough reason, even if there are other explanations. And take this from someone who ignored brain symtoms way too long. BUT, if I had it to do over, why just not get an answer! Good luck figuring it out!
Hopbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:51 PM   #27
Kmswilson

I just thought I'd weigh in. In January, I had a few blurry vision issues, and my doc sent me for a brain MRI, not really expecting it to show anything. It came back that I had nine very small lesions, and I had 13 WBR treatments and then started Tykerb and Xeloda. It was terrible. I did not tolerate Xeloda well at all. I was sick as a dog. A lot of vomiting, a ton of nausea, could not eat. A lot of diarrhea that I had troubles controlling with lomotil and immodium, diet changes, etc. In about three months of all of this, I lost about 32 lbs and had to get fluids multiple times a week for dehydration. Scans showed that the Xeloda had mixed results anyway, so my onc took me off the of the Xeloda and kept me on Tykerb and Herceptin. I was still very sick on the Tykerb, and after trying everything they could, they put me on 4mg of dexamethasone every 8 hours to help with the appetite and nausea. It did the trick. And my last brain MRI showed only one lesion left out of nine, and it's only 2 mm and shrinking. I would say definitely request a brain MRI, but the Xeloda and Tykerb combo was extremely nasty for me, worse than any of the chemo combos I've been on, and it made me really sick and sometimes dizzy. I went down in the athroom trying to dry off a couole of times, thankfully i was bent over slready and could kind of catch mysself! I really hope things have gotten much better for you guys by now!
12/27/10 - IDC, rt breast (approx. 15 cm), lymph nodes, age 36. 1/7/11 - stage 4 IDC, extensive liver mets, Bone mets (spine, sacrum, rib, sternum, upper arm), ER-/PR-, HER2+++; 1/12/11 - port, 1/17/11- startweekly Taxol/Herceptin, monthly Zometa
3/8/11- decrease in all tumors, bones healing. 3/11- 3 wks on/1 off Taxol/Herceptin, +Zometa
6/6/11 - decrease in all tumors, healing bones, 2-4 new liver lesions. 3 wks on/1 wk off Taxol/Carbo/Herceptin, +Zometa
7/29/11 - liver progression, others stable; 8/11-drop taxol/carbo, start Navelbine
12/11 - liver progression; begin AC, drop Herceptin;
1/12 - liver enzymes normal, 2/6 results show regression in liver, stable others, but 9 tiny brain mets (largest 7 mm). Begin 13 WBRs 2/6; 2/29-start Tykerb, 3/7, start Xeloda
5/2012- liver progression and regression, liver biopsy confirms HER2+++. drop Xeloda, start Herceptin, Tykerb, Zometa.
5/2012- brain MRI shows all lesions gone except 1, 2mm shrinking!
Kmswilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:44 PM   #28
MJsHusband

MJ is having trouble tolerating the Xeloda today on the 3rd day of her fourth(and last) 2-week cycle. She didn't have very many issues with the other chemo treatments she's been on (besides hair loss). I don't know why Xeloda is so rough on her. She's definitely not a candidate for long-term Xeloda/Tykerb treatment. "If" she can get through these next two weeks taking the Xeloda, we are going to push for getting Tykerb/Herceptin. Even though Herceptin stopped working before, so many have said it could work again in combination with other drugs, due to a synergistic effect.

I will encourage an MRI with the CT/Pet scans in September. Do you know if there is a very long time period between brain mets appearing and when they cause symptoms? I would think it would be a short period of time. Is this an incorrect assumption?

Thanks again for all your comments. They are invaluable.

Greg

01/11 ~ Mastectomy
03/11 ~ Radiation
01/12 ~ Malignant tumors found in uterus, cervix, fallopian tubes and lymph nodes. Dx as endometrial cancer. Stage III2c
11/13 ~ Jaundice eyes and skin. CT scan show mets to liver as well as peritoneal carcinomatosis with malignant ascites. Began Abraxane/Herceptin tx.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #29
KDR

Greg,
Was MJs last scan in October 2011? Or did you omit one?
Thinking of you,
Karen
Diagnosed: June 2010, liver mets. ER-/PR+10%; HER2+++.
July 2010: Begin Taxol/Herceptin. Eliminate sugar from diet. No surgery or radiation.
January 2011: NED
April 2011: Progression in liver only. Other previous affected areas eradicated. Stop Taxol/Herceptin after 32 infusions.
May 2011: Brain MRI: clear.
May 2011: Begin Tykerb daily, Xeloda twice per day for one week on, one week off, and Herceptin.
November 2011: Progression in liver. All other tumors remain eradicated.
December 2011: BEGIN TRIAL #09-093 Taxol, MCC-DM1 (T-DM1), Perjeta.
Trial requires scans every six weeks, bloodwork and infusions weekly.
Brain MRI: clear.
January 2012: NED. Liver mets, good riddance!
March 2012: NED. Developed SMA (rare blood clot) in intestinal artery and loss of sight in right eye due to optical nerve neuropathy. Resolved when Taxol removed this month.
Continue Protocol of T-DM1 weekly and Perjeta every 3 weeks.
May 2012: NED.
June 2012: Brain MRI: clear.
June-December 2012: NED.
December 2012: TRIAL CONCLUDED; ENTER TRIAL EXTENSION #09-037. CT, Brain MRI, bone scan: clear. NED.
January-March 2013: NED.
June 2013: Brain MRI: clear. CEA upticking; CT shows new met on liver.
July 3, 2013: DISASTER STRIKES during liver ablation: sloppy surgeon cuts intercostal artery and I bleed out, lose 3.5 liters of blood, have major hemothorax, and collapsed lung requiring emergency resuscitative thoracotomy, lung surgery, rib rearrangement and cutting deep connective tissue, transfusion. Ablation incomplete. This life-saving procedure would end up causing me unforgiving pain with every movement I make, permanently, otherwise known as forever.
July 26, 2013: Try Navelbine/Herceptin. Body too weak after surgery and transfusion. Fever. CEA: Normal.
August 16, 2016: second dose Navelbine/Herceptin; CEA: Normal. Will skip doses. Watching and waiting.
September 2013: NED, Herceptin only. CEA: Normal. Started Arimidex.
October-November 2013: NED. Herceptin and Arimidex. CEA, CA125, 15-3: Normal.
December 2013: Something brewing. PET lights up on little spot on liver; CEA upward trend, just outside normal. PET and triphasic liver scan confirm Little Met. Restart Perjeta with Herceptin, stay on Arimidex. Genomic sequencing completed for future treatments, if necessary.
January 2014: Ablate Little Met on the 6th. Happy New Year.
March 2014: Brain MRI: clear. PET/CT reveal liver mets return; new lung mets. This is not funny.
March 2014: BEGIN TRIAL #10-005 A(11)-Temsirolimus plus Neratinib.
April 2014: Genomic testing indicated they could work, they did not. Very strange drug combo for me, felt weird.
April 2014: Started Navelbine and Herceptin. Needed something tried and true, but had significant progression.
June 2014: Doxil and Herceptin.
July 2014: Progression. Got nothing out of it. Brain: NED.
July 2014: Add integrative medical hematologist-oncologist to my team. Begin supplements. These are tumor-busting, immune system boosters. Add glutathione, lysine and taurine IV infusions every three weeks.
July 2014: Begin Gemzar, Herceptin & Perjeta. Happy.
August 2014: ECHO perfect.
January 2015: Begin weekly Vitamin D Analog infusions. 25 mcg. via port.
February 2015: CT: stable.
April 2015: Gem working, but not 100%. Looking into immunotherapy. Finally, treatments for the 21st century!
April 2015: Penn Medicine. Dendritic cell immunotherapy.
KDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #30
MJsHusband

Thanks for thinking of us.
MJ did have a CT scan in March. She was having a lot of pain in her lower right back and abdomen. She was napping one day and I saw her shaking and put blankets on her but it wasn't helping. When her teeth started chattering I took her temperature and it was around 104 so I took her to the ER. She ended up having a kidney stone and an infection in her ureter. Because she was a cancer patient they ordered a CT scan, which didn't reveal any cancer. She did end up with sepsis(104 fever, 400 white cell count per microliter, scary low blood pressure). The ER doctors and later the ICU doctors said it was very important that she got to the hospital when she did. I read into that as a "close call". I will update my signature to note that CT scan.

She has not had a PET since October. Even those scans didn't detect the metastasis to her uterus that appeared in January and was diagnosed as Stage III2c already at that point(when it was first thought to be a second cancer). MJ's cancer seems to be very aggressive once it rears its ugly head. She had a mammogram a few months before her ibc diagnosis. We never felt a lump or two, her breast just suddenly became hard all over in a very short time period. The same with the uterus/cervix, fallopian tubes/lymph mets. Nothing showed in October scans but by January she had excessive bleeding to the point that she ended up in the ER. So, if it comes back, I don't expect it be slow growing at all.

Greg

01/11 ~ Mastectomy
03/11 ~ Radiation

Old 06-15-2012, 08:09 AM   #31
dchips1

I have been on tykerb and herceptin only since March 2010. Never have taken xeloda. My 2 cents is go with the MRI of brain. I have real bad sinus issues and just thought headache was from that. I followed my gut and it was brain mets. I go by the theory of if you have a known, then you can deal with it versus not knowing and worrying all the time. The smaller and faster that you chase the mets then the less invasive treatments are. It is always your choice. The goal is changing this beast into a chronic condition, that it is there, but it does not Dominate your life. I have used Citrucel pills, to help regulate, my bowels. It actually helps when used consistently.

Prayers and Hugs out to you and your family
Darita
3/07 6 brain mets WBR down to c-2
4/07 osteonecrosis jaw
1/08 mri new 9mm lesion right lower side
2/08 gamma knife 1 lesion 11/08 regamma
10/09 latent rad necrosis to brain met,
1/20/10 crani: lesion necrosis w active cells continue her add tykerb
1/11 NED just Ingrown toenail! YEAH GOD
8/11 Tykerb, herceptin weekly, elevated her2 levels, negative scans
oct -march 11 new neuro deficits lower legs
3/12 2 spinal metsTykerb, Herceptin
04/12 4050cGY rads T 2-4 & T7-9
5/12 Brain,cervical lumbar clear/thoracic slight decrease
10/12 t 2-4 shrunk t-9 grew start Xeloda, 02/13 stop xeloda,5/13 on metformin, decadron, Tykerb, iv and IT herceptin 5/30/13 total #11 #2 of 80mg dose weekly.
9/13 100mg of IT her, IV hern, 750 mg tykerb, 3mg dec.
last Mri T--3 SHRUNK t7-9 shrunk no edema. Left shift in CBC bone marrow BX negative.
10/13 Ct has shown Double left ureters with stones/cysts in them, after 3 births and lots and U/S iit takes cancer to figure out you have 2 smaller ureters going into 1 kidney!
12/13 Mri brain no new lesions, cervical and lumbar arthritis.
Tspine lesion at T3 stable, T 7-9 GROWTH lots of pain

1/29/14 HIHO HIHO its off to Neuro surgery I go

Life is Good when you wake up in the morning and take a breath and know that God has given me another day.

dchips1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:16 PM   #32
Hopbird

I think brain mets can do lots of stuff...if your wife wants to make the test seem more normal, she'll probably be OK...if she doesn't have other symptoms. I've had one met that has been troublesome, but I let it go up to a year cause there really weren't symptoms till the end.

And for what it's worth? I didn't do real well on Xeloda either. Disease progressed and I didn't handle the side effects well. After that was done they put me back on Herceptin and later added Gemzar, and even with lots of holds for low white cell count it has been kinder and done a great job....
Hopbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:54 PM   #33
Mandamoo

We are all so different with how we tolerate treatment. I have been on the Xeloda Tykerb combo now for 5 months and with a small dose reduction the only niggly SE is the hand and foot syndrome which I am managing quite well. It knocked me out at first particularly when we added in the Tykerb but by reducing 8 to 7 a day of Xeloda and 5 -4 a day of Tykerb I am fine.
I hope MJ is feeling better soon.
Amanda x
22 February 2011 - Diagnosed Early Breast Cancer IDBC Stage2b (ER/PR -ve, Her2+ve +++) - 38 years old
(L) skin sparing mastectomy with tissue expander, axilla clearance (2/14 affected) clear margins.
Fec*3, Taxotere and herceptin*2 - stopped due to secondary diagnosis

June 24 2011 Stage IV - Skin met, axilla node, multiple lung lesions

Bolero3 trial - Navelbine, Hereptin weekly, daily Everolimus/Placebo
February 2012 - July 2012 Tykerb and Xeloda - skin mets resolved, Lungs initially dramatically reduced but growing again
August 2012 (turn 40!) tykerb and herceptin (denied compassionate use of TDM1) while holidaying in Italy!
September 2012 - January 2013 TDM1 as part of the Th3resa trial - lymph nodes resolved, lungs slowly progressing.
January 2013 - herceptin, carboplatin and Perjeta (compassionate access)
April 2013 - Some progression in lungs and lymph nodes - Abraxane, Herceptin and Perjeta
July 2013 - mixed response - dramatic reduction of most lung disease, progression of smaller lung nodules and cervical and hilar nodes - ? Add avastin.
Mandamoo is offline   Reply With Quote