HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2010, 07:37 PM   #21
naturaleigh

Re: Career crossroad

I am no expert and everyone is different with different situations. But I always take heed at what my preacher once said about hard choice we have to make, "if you were told you only had 6 month to live, is this something you would want to spend your last 6 months doing?" Patrice, you already said that you were miserable and that you know that you are in the right field, just the wrong place. Could this not be a door that has opened for you? If so, and you don't take this job, will another door open? I know first hand what it is like to be miserable in a job and it is not fun. If you don't take the new job, will the job you are in become more bearable?

and Marcia, just something to think about: let's say you live 50 more years, in reality, how many of those 50 years can you be a Mom to your children. How many more years do you have to take them to school and to their activities. You are not only making memories for yourself, but for them as well. You have something that many women do not have and that is you don't have to worry about insurance. That is something I wish I had the pleasure of having. Take advantage of that!! You have the rest of your life to work, but your children will be grown and have lives of their own sooner than you think.

Sorry if I stepped out of line, but as my preacher also always says, "put God first in your life, then your family and lastly your work". Things seem to work out for the best when you do that. Work is important, but your family and your children are the more important.

Good luck to both of you as you make your decision.

er, pr-, Her2+++
Stage 2b, grade 3
negative nodes
4 rounds AC
3 months of weekly taxol
1 yr of Herceptin
Finish Herceptin May 2007
35 rounds of Radiation
Reconstruction completed Dec 2007
Implant replaced due to infection Mar 2008
4 Years NED!!!
naturaleigh is offline   Reply With Quote