HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-13-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
Lani

Exclamation Final Trial results: lapatinib + herceptin improve overall survival meaningfully in

heavily pretreated Stage IVs

hope this helps some of you whose government health systems (or their bean counters) have been hesitant to allow this combination

J Clin Oncol. 2012 Jun 11. [Epub ahead of print]

Overall Survival Benefit With Lapatinib in Combination With Trastuzumab for Patients With Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2-Positive Metastatic Breast Cancer: Final Results From the EGF104900 Study.
Blackwell KL, Burstein HJ, Storniolo AM, Rugo HS, Sledge G, Aktan G, Ellis C, Florance A, Vukelja S, Bischoff J, Baselga J, O'Shaughnessy J.
Source
Kimberly L. Blackwell, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC; Harold J. Burstein, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute; José Baselga, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA; Anna Maria Storniolo and George Sledge, Melvin and Bren Simon Cancer Center, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN; Hope S. Rugo, Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA; Gursel Aktan, Catherine Ellis, and Allison Florance, GlaxoSmithKline, Collegeville, PA; Svetislava Vukelja, Texas Oncology, US Oncology, Tyler; Joyce O'Shaughnessy, Baylor Sammons Cancer Center, Texas Oncology, US Oncology, Dallas, TX; and Joachim Bischoff, Otto von Guericke Univeristäte, Madgeburg, Germany.
Abstract
PURPOSEPhase III EGF104900 data demonstrated that lapatinib plus trastuzumab significantly improved progression-free survival (PFS) and clinical benefit rate versus lapatinib monotherapy, offering a chemotherapy-free option for patients with heavily pretreated human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) -positive metastatic breast cancer (MBC). Final planned overall survival (OS) analysis from EGF104900 is reported here. PATIENTS AND METHODSPatients with HER2-positive MBC whose disease progressed during prior trastuzumab-based therapies were randomly assigned to receive lapatinib monotherapy or lapatinib in combination with trastuzumab. OS and updated PFS data are presented using Kaplan-Meier curves and log-rank tests stratified for hormone receptor and visceral disease status. Subgroup analyses were conducted to identify characteristics of patients deriving the greatest clinical benefit.ResultsIn this updated final analysis of all patients randomly assigned with strata (n = 291), lapatinib plus trastuzumab continued to show superiority to lapatinib monotherapy in PFS (hazard ratio [HR], 0.74; 95% CI, 0.58 to 0.94; P = .011) and offered significant OS benefit (HR, 0.74; 95% CI, 0.57 to 0.97; P = .026). Improvements in absolute OS rates were 10% at 6 months and 15% at 12 months in the combination arm compared with the monotherapy arm. Multiple baseline factors, including Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group performance status of 0, nonvisceral disease, < three metastatic sites, and less time from initial diagnosis until random assignment, were associated with improved OS. Incidence of adverse events was consistent with previously reported rates. CONCLUSIONThese data demonstrated a significant 4.5-month median OS advantage with the lapatinib and trastuzumab combination and support dual HER2 blockade in patients with heavily pretreated HER2-positive MBC.
PMID: 22689807
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
Lani

Question Re: Final Trial results: lapatinib + herceptin improve overall survival meaningfully

upon reading the article I found the following:

1) Influence of Estrogen Receptor Expression on OS
Of the 128 patients with both HER2-positive and estrogen recep- tor (ER) –positive (locally tested) breast cancer, no differences were observed in OS between the combination arm compared with the monotherapy arm (12 v 11.2 months, respectively; HR, 0.85; 95% CI, 0.57 to 1.26; P �� .404). Conversely, for 163 patients with HER2- positive and ER-negative breast cancer, a significant survival benefit was observed for those receiving combination therapy compared with those receiving lapatinib monotherapy (median 16.5 v 8.9 months, respectively; HR, 0.68; 95% CI, 0.47 to 0.98; P �� .012).

2) Patients with HER2-positive and ER-positive breast cancer did not derive an OS benefit from the com- bination compared with monotherapy. In contrast, patients with HER2-positive and ER-negative breast cancer had a significant OS benefit when administered combination therapy. A similar benefit was noted in subgroups of patients receiving lapatinib plus paclitaxel.22 De- spite the crosstalk between ER and HER2 pathways,23 these data contrib- ute to speculation that absence of ER expression results in HER2-positive breast cancer with enhanced dependence on HER signaling.

Am wondering how many of you who have benefited/not benefited from the
lapatinib+herceptin combo were ER+ as well as her2+, strongly or weakly?

It also turned out to be more effective for those with non-bone mets than for those
with bone mets. Did that seem to be the case for those of you who have tried this
regimen?

I think we should all thank Mauricio Scaltriti who did the original preclinical work under
Jose Baselga for discovering the supersynergism when combining these two agents No they aren't the
cure-all we are all waiting for, but the combination is certainly leading the way to discovering which
combination of targeted treatments will be most effective in which patients.

Every bit of progress helps!
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #3
Mtngrl

Re: Final Trial results: lapatinib + herceptin improve overall survival meaningfully

Lani,

Thank you!

I just started this combo. I fall somewhere in the twilight area of the ER and bone issues. My cancer is weakly ER positive, but Arimidex did not prevent progression. My latest PET and CT scans show a lesion in one vertebra that might be a bone met. I also don't have a lot of metastases, unless you count the little lung nodules. One oncologist thinks I've had progression in my lungs. She's someone from whom I sought a second opinion. My own oncologist says it's "not clear" that my lung nodules are cancer.

We shall see. I'm glad the "targeted treatment" idea is getting further refinement.
4/29/11 CT scan shows suspicious lesions on liver and lungs
5/17/11 liver biopsy
5/24/11 liver met confirmed--Stage IV at diagnosis
5/27/11 Begin weekly Taxol & Herceptin for 3 months (standard of care at the time of my DX)
7/18/11 Switch to weekly Abraxane & Herceptin due to Taxol allergy
8/29/11 CT scan shows no new lesions & old lesions shrinking
9/27/11 Finish Abraxane. Start Herceptin every 3 weeks. Begin taking Arimidex
10/17/11--Brain MRI--No Brain mets
12/5/11 PET scan--Almost NED
5/15/12 PET scan shows progression-breast/chest/spine (one vertebra)
5/22/12 Stop taking Arimidex; stay on Herceptin
6/11/12 Started Tykerb and Herceptin on clinical trial (w/no chemo)
9/24/12 CT scan--No new mets. Everything stable.
3/11/13 CT Scan--two small new possible mets and odd looking area in left lung getting larger.
4/2/13--Biopsy of suspicious area in lower left lung. Mets to lung confirmed.
4/30/13 Begin Kadcyla/TDM-1
8/16/13 PET scan "mixed," with some areas of increased uptake, but also some definite improvement, so I'll stay on TDM-1/Kadcyla.
11/11/13 Finally get hormone receptor results from lung biopsy of 4/2/13. My cancer is no longer ER positive.
11/13/13 PET scan mixed results again. We're calling it "stable." Problems breathing on exertion.
2/18/14 PET scan shows a new lesion and newly active lymph node in chest, other progression. Bye bye TDM-1.
2/28/14 Begin Herceptin/Perjeta every 3 weeks.
6/8/14 PET "mixed," with no new lesions, and everything but lower lungs improving. My breathing is better.
8/18/14 PET "mixed" again. Upper lungs & one spine met stable, lower lungs less FDG avid, original tumor more avid, one lymph node in mediastinum more avid.
9/1/14 Begin taking Xeloda one week on, one week off. Will also stay on Herceptin and Perjeta every three weeks.
12/11/14 PET Scan--no new lesions, and everything looks better than it did.
3/20/15 PET Scan--no new lesions, but lower lung lesions larger and a bit more avid.
4/13/15 Increasing Xeloda dose to 10 days on, one week off.
7/1/15 Scan "mixed" again, but suggests continuing progression. Stop Xeloda. Substitute Abraxane every 3 weeks starting 7/13.
10/28/15 PET scan shows dramatic improvement everywhere. All lesions except lower lungs have resolved; lower lungs noticeably improved.
12/18/15 Last Abraxane. Continue on Herceptin and Perjeta alone beginning 1/8/16.
1/27/16 PET scan shows cancer is stable.
5/11/16 PET scan shows uptake in some areas that were resolved on the last two scans.
6/3/16 Begin Kadcyla and Tykerb combination
6/5 - 6/23 Horrible diarrhea from K&T together. Got pneumonia.
7/15/16 Begin Kadcyla only every 3 weeks.
9/6/16 Begin radiation therapy on right lung lesion that caused the pneumonia.
10/3/16 Last of 12 radiation treatments to right lung.
11/4/16 Huffing and puffing, low O2, high heart rate, on tiniest bit of exertion. Diagnosed as radiation pneumonitis. Treated with Prednisone.
11/11/16 PET scan shows significant improvement to radiated part of right lung BUT a bunch of new lung lesions, and the bone met is getting worse.
11/22/16 Begin Eribulin and Herceptin. H every 3 weeks. E two weeks on, one week off.
3/6/17 Scan shows progression in lungs. Bone met a little better.
3/23/17 Lung biopsy. Tumor sampled is ER-, PR+ (5%), HER2+++. Getting Herceptin and Perjeta as a maintenance treatment.
5/31/17 Port placement
6/1/17 Start Navelbine & Tykerb
Mtngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:02 PM   #4
hutchibk

Re: Final Trial results: lapatinib + herceptin improve overall survival meaningfully

I've had this combo. It's a good one. I now am hoping for the Herceptin/Pertazumab combo. Thanks Lani.

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #5
dchips1

Almost got 2 years without without any mets, on this combo, especially in the brain. now it is in the thoracic spine. Even though Pertuzamub doesn't cross blood brain barrier I would like to give it a run as well to keep out the pesky rogue cells that always seem to poke into my CNS!!

Lani thanks for all your help and information over all these years. That is valid and is always good to print off articles to take to my onc and we research and plan together the next path in this journey.

Darita
3/07 6 brain mets WBR down to c-2
4/07 osteonecrosis jaw
1/08 mri new 9mm lesion right lower side
2/08 gamma knife 1 lesion 11/08 regamma
10/09 latent rad necrosis to brain met,
1/20/10 crani: lesion necrosis w active cells continue her add tykerb
1/11 NED just Ingrown toenail! YEAH GOD
8/11 Tykerb, herceptin weekly, elevated her2 levels, negative scans
oct -march 11 new neuro deficits lower legs
3/12 2 spinal metsTykerb, Herceptin
04/12 4050cGY rads T 2-4 & T7-9
5/12 Brain,cervical lumbar clear/thoracic slight decrease
10/12 t 2-4 shrunk t-9 grew start Xeloda, 02/13 stop xeloda,5/13 on metformin, decadron, Tykerb, iv and IT herceptin 5/30/13 total #11 #2 of 80mg dose weekly.
9/13 100mg of IT her, IV hern, 750 mg tykerb, 3mg dec.
last Mri T--3 SHRUNK t7-9 shrunk no edema. Left shift in CBC bone marrow BX negative.
10/13 Ct has shown Double left ureters with stones/cysts in them, after 3 births and lots and U/S iit takes cancer to figure out you have 2 smaller ureters going into 1 kidney!
12/13 Mri brain no new lesions, cervical and lumbar arthritis.
Tspine lesion at T3 stable, T 7-9 GROWTH lots of pain

1/29/14 HIHO HIHO its off to Neuro surgery I go

Life is Good when you wake up in the morning and take a breath and know that God has given me another day.

dchips1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #6
Bunty

Thank you Lani yet again! I'll have a chat with my onc as I'm ER-negative. (I can imagine the look on his face when yet again I quote the incredible information I find on this site! At least he's willing to listen, however, not sure what the current Aust Government position is on providing this combo).
Cheers Marie
June 2011 3cm x 4cm liver tumour. Started Abraxane and continue with Herceptin.
November 2011. Finished with Abraxane, continue with just Herceptin. Liver tumour now reduced to 15mm x 12mm. Lung tumour now 10mm x 0.5mm
February 2012. Scans show everything stable, and brain scan clear.
July 2012. PET/CT scans show I'm in remission - no active cancer!
]Dec CT brain cllear, lungs stable, liver tumour has increased to 20mm. PET scans showed active liver met and active lung thinglet, and possible bone met.
Jan 2013 recommence Abraxane, continue with Herceptin.
June 2013 finish Cycle 6 Abraxane, continue with Herceptin. 30% reduction in liver tumour, everything stable.
December 2013. CA15-3 on rise.
February 2014. PET and CT scans show single liver tumour has increased to 35mm. No other activity.
March 2014. Planned for SBRT for liver met, but couldn't have treatment as tumour too close to bowel. Continue Herceptin.
April 2014. Surgeon advises that I am a good candidate for liver resection, so will have operation early May (after camping holiday). Tumour now 44mm x 29mm.
May 7, 2014. Two liver tumours surgically removed. Third of liver removed, and gall bladder. Am I NED?May 2014. Pathology of tumour shows it's now ER+ (95% staining).
June 2014. CA15-3 has decreased to 18 from a pre-surgery reading of 59!
June 2014. Started Femara, continue with Herceptin.
July 2014. Stop Femara due to severe Osteoporosis. Commence Tamoxifen, continue Herceptin. Waiting to hear if I can have Aclasta infusion.
August 2014. CA15-3 has decreased further to 12 - YAY!
October 2014. Aclasta infusion for Osteoporosis. November 2014, CA15-3 decreased to 11. Scans of liver all clear, something new showing up on lung, but just watching at the moment.
November 2015. Started SBRT on solitary lung met.
November 2015. Bone density scan showed very good improvement so back on Femara - yay!
December 2016. 6 treatments of SBRT radiation on lung. Seems to have had some effect.
June 2016. CA15-3 still stable and low at 9.
June 2016. Started subcutaneous Herceptin replacing infusion.
Jan 2017. LVEF dropped to 46%. Stopped Herceptin.
Feb 2017. Started ACE Inhibitor and BETA Blocker. Still off Herceptin.
Aug 2017. Two new mets - Portacaval lymph node and mediastinal lymph node.
Aug 2017. Blood tests show extremely elevated liver enzyme levels. Many tests to investigate.
Sept 2017. Portacaval lymph node blocking liver bile duct causing liver enzyme and Bilirubin problems.
Oct 2017. 8cm stent inserted into liver bile duct. Procedure caused pancreatitis, and hospitalised for 3 days. Liver enzymes improving rapidly.
Nov 2017. Commenced 4 weeks of radiation on Portacaval lymph node. 5 week break before chemo.
Jan 2018. CT scan. 11 new small liver mets, and new superclavical lymph node med.
Jan 2018. Start Kadcyla. CA15-3 426.
Apr 2018. First scans since starting Kadcyla. All tumours reducing. CA15-3 dropped to 30 from 426.
Dec 2019. Still on Kadcyla, but two small brain mets have been treated in the past month with SRS. CA15-3 stable for 12 months at 11.
Bunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:59 PM   #7
michka

To answer your question Lani:
"Am wondering how many of you who have benefited/not benefited from the
lapatinib+herceptin combo were ER+ as well as her2+, strongly or weakly?"

I continued on Tykerb+Herceptin+Aromasin after being controlled NED several times after first recurrence. I had a worse recurrence 4 months later. The combo did not protect me.I am strongly ER+.
Michka

12.2010 Mets to liver,Herceptin+Tykerb
03.2011 Liver resection ER+70% PR-
04.2011 Herceptin+Navelbine+750mg Tykerb
06.2011 Liver ned, Met to sternum. Added Zometa 09.2011 Cyberknife for sternum
11.2011 Pet clear. Stop Navelbine, continuing on Hercpetin+Tykerb+Aromasin
02.2012 Mets to lungs, nodes, liver
04.2012 TDM1, Ned in 07.2012
04.2015 Stop TDM1/Kadcyla, still Ned, liver problems
04.2016 Liver mets. Back on Kadcyla
08.2016 Kadcyla stopped working. mets to liver lungs bones
09.2016 Biopsy to liver. no more HER2, still ER+
09.2016 CMF Afinitor/Aromasin/ Xgeva.Met to eye muscle Cyberknife
01.2017 Gemzar/Carboplatin/ Ibrance/Faslodex then Taxotere
02.2017 30 micro mets to brain breathing getting worse and worse
04.2017 Liquid biopsy/CTC indicates HER2 again. Start Herceptin with Halaven
06.2017 all tumors shrunk 60% . more micro mets to brain (1mm mets) no symptoms
michka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:11 AM   #8
Mandamoo

Marie I'm pretty sure it's not a currently approved combo as I briefly discussed it with my onc prior to starting Tykeeb and Xeloda and she said I would have to self fund herceptin $60000 a year if I wanted to add it to the Xeloda and tykerb. I'm glad there is finally some data to back up what people thought would be helpful. I too am hormone negative with visceral mets - might take this along to my appointment next week.
22 February 2011 - Diagnosed Early Breast Cancer IDBC Stage2b (ER/PR -ve, Her2+ve +++) - 38 years old
(L) skin sparing mastectomy with tissue expander, axilla clearance (2/14 affected) clear margins.
Fec*3, Taxotere and herceptin*2 - stopped due to secondary diagnosis

June 24 2011 Stage IV - Skin met, axilla node, multiple lung lesions

Bolero3 trial - Navelbine, Hereptin weekly, daily Everolimus/Placebo
February 2012 - July 2012 Tykerb and Xeloda - skin mets resolved, Lungs initially dramatically reduced but growing again
August 2012 (turn 40!) tykerb and herceptin (denied compassionate use of TDM1) while holidaying in Italy!
September 2012 - January 2013 TDM1 as part of the Th3resa trial - lymph nodes resolved, lungs slowly progressing.
January 2013 - herceptin, carboplatin and Perjeta (compassionate access)
April 2013 - Some progression in lungs and lymph nodes - Abraxane, Herceptin and Perjeta
July 2013 - mixed response - dramatic reduction of most lung disease, progression of smaller lung nodules and cervical and hilar nodes - ? Add avastin.
Mandamoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:38 AM   #9
Ellie F

Lani
Thanks again for keeping us so well informed.As you know the UK is one country where lapatinib is not approved by NICE and despite petitions and input from our most senior oncs it still remains the case.
Hopefully this new information will galvanise uk breast cancer charities and other groups to continue to lobby for approval.
I thought this may turn out to be the case with this combo as our hero Dr Slamon has used this for some of his patients for a while.
Ellie

Last edited by Ellie F; 06-14-2012 at 02:40 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Ellie F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:59 AM   #10
Lauriesh

Thanks Lani,

I have been NED on this combo for 16 months. (have a scan coming up, so keeping my fingers crossed that I am still NED) I am er- and had liver mets, so I definitely fit the category as someone this combo is supposed to be more effective for.

This is the boost I needed to stay on it, as I am having so many digestive issues (bloating and gas), that I have been taking extended breaks from the tykerb and was contemplating stopping (which is what my onc wants me to do. In fact, he didn't want me to start it in the first place, and I had to talk him into letting me go on it)

This news will definitely make me keep plugging along on this combo for as long as I can.

Laurie
12 taxol/Herceptin
Year of Herceptin
liver mets- July-2010
7 taxotere/Herceptin
RFA- Feb.2011
NED
U of Wa vaccine trial-oct 2011-Feb 2012
Herceptin/tykerb
Ned - 2 1/2 years
Herceptin & perjeta
Ned 3 years
Herceptin- reducing treatments , due to s/e, to 5-6 a year
NED- 3 1/2 years
Ned - 4 years
2/15- stopped herceptin - on no treatment
Lauriesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:44 AM   #11
MJsHusband

Is insurance paying for the Tykerb/Herceptin combo since Tykerb was approved only if used with Xeloda? MJ is about to go with a Tykerb-only treatment. If anything is found with the next scans, the plan is to add Herceptin to Tykerb. I just want to make sure it will be payed for by insurance.

Thanks,
GReg

08/10 ~ Dx IBC, Her2+++ ER-/PR- Stage 4, mets to liver. Age 43.
08/10 ~ Began 12 weeks of Taxetere/Carboplatin/Herceptin tx
[10/10 ~ Scans show liver lesions are gone. NED!
11/10 ~ Ended chemo. Herceptin-only tx
01/11 ~ Mastectomy
03/11 ~ Radiation
07/11 ~ Reconstructive surgery
10/11 ~ PET/CT shows NED :)
01/12 ~ Malignant tumors found in uterus, cervix, fallopian tubes and lymph nodes. Dx as endometrial cancer. Stage III2c
02/12 ~Hysterectomy(all tumors removed). Back to NED.
02/12 ~ Final Herceptin treatment.
03/12 ~ Began Cisplatin/Adriamycin tx for endometrial cancer.
03/12 ~ Tumors dx her2 metastisis, not entdometrial cancer. Back to BC tx.
03/12 ~ CT scan shows NED. :)
04/12/~ Began Tykerb/Xeloda.
06/12 ~ Ended Xeloda. Continuing Tykerb. Still NED.
09/12 ~ PET/CT scans show NED. : )
04/13 ~ Rash on original breast biopsied as cancer.
05/13 ~ Surgery to remove skin and tissue around rash. Continue Tykerb.
06/13 ~ PET/CT scans show NED : )
11/13 ~ Jaundice eyes and skin. CT scan show mets to liver as well as peritoneal carcinomatosis with malignant ascites. Began Abraxane/Herceptin tx.
02/14 ~ CT scan shows NED. :)

MJsHusband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:19 AM   #12
Lauriesh

my insurance initially denied it, and I had to write an appeal letter. Thy did decide to cover it.

Hopefully, this study result would be all you need, If you do get denied and have to appeal.

Laurie
12 taxol/Herceptin
Year of Herceptin
liver mets- July-2010
7 taxotere/Herceptin
RFA- Feb.2011
NED
U of Wa vaccine trial-oct 2011-Feb 2012
Herceptin/tykerb
Ned - 2 1/2 years
Herceptin & perjeta
Ned 3 years