HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-13-2006, 08:24 PM   #1
Yorkiegirl

Another Surgery For Me

As most of you know I was dx'd with Breast Cancer last year. I have Stage 3 cancer, I had Modified Radical Mastectomy, my cancer also turned out to be Her2/neu +++, ER-, PR-, it had also spread into 5 of the 16 lymph nodes that were removed. I have went thru all the Chemo and Radiation and am now taking weekly Infusions of Herception . My hair is finally starting to grow back, it's taking it 's own time though. I had a recent Mammogram of my remaining breast on Dec. 29. It showed I had increased micro-calcifications that were starting to cluster , also showed two nodules thought to be cysts (but one never knows) my history is a strange one since my cancer was not detected on Mammogram or Ultra Sound, and showed the same then as it's showing now. I saw my surgeon on Tuesday and he said OK, we will set up another biopsy, I told him specifically I would not do that, I wanted my remaining breast gone so I would not always be in fear. I wanted this the first time BUT the Insurance Co., said it wasn't medically necessary, my surgeon put the request through for it again and it was approved this time. So next Tuesday, January 17, I will be having what they call a Simple Mastectomy. Please keep postive thoughts for me that the Path report comes back good. I just don't know if I could do Chemo all over again, it's only been since August 15, that I finished my Chemo.

Vicki
Yorkiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:34 PM   #2
sassy

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Sassy
________
LIVE SEX

Last edited by sassy; 08-22-2011 at 08:37 AM..
sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 10:15 PM   #3
Maryanne

Vicki,

As hard as it seems right now , please stay positive! With all the chemo and radiation you just had and now Herceptin, it would be very unlikely to be anything but calcifications. ( I too had a cancer that showed up on a mamo but not on sono, not on sterotactic, and not on MRI with contrast, it took almost 2 years before they could finally find it with a sono...... then other breast developed cyst that couldnt be seen with mamo and after contiually complaining of pain a sono picked it up...ask me how confident I feel about all these tests)
Since finishing chemo and radiation (August 05) and now herceptin ever 3 weeks I have had numorous scans and MRIs for all sorts of symptoms ( most recent today for lung nodules and strange lump on sternum) and each and every time both oncs keep telling me have faith in all the drugs that just coursed through me....and each and every time they have been right!
Please keep in touch, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Maryanne
Maryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 10:49 PM   #4
Lolly

Vicki, I also had a Simple Mastectomy on my remaining breast several years after Modified Radical for primary, due to mammogram showing micro calcifications. The surgery was much easier to recover from, and the path report came back clear, so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you and sending good thoughts your way.

<3 Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 07:20 AM   #5
Sheila

Vicki
You will be in my thoughts and prayers that your path report is good and you have a lighting fast recovery. Sending a big hug.

Hugs & Blessings
Sheila
Diagnosed at age 49.99999 2/21/2002 via Mammography (Calcifications)
Core Biopsy 2/22/02
L. Mastectomy 2/25/2002
Stage 1, 0.7cm IDC, Node Neg from 19 nodes Her2+++ ER PR Neg
6/2003 Reconstruction W/ Tissue Expander, Silicone Implant
9/2003 Stage IV with Mets to Supraclavicular nodes
9/2003 Began Herceptin every 3 weeks
3/2006 Xeloda 2500mg/Herceptin for recurrence to neck nodes
3/2007 Added back the Xeloda with Herceptin for continued mets to nodes
5/2007 Taken Off Xeloda, no longer working
6/14/07 Taxol/Herceptin/Avastin
3/26 - 5/28/08 Taxol Holiday Whopeeeeeeeee
5/29 2008 Back on Taxol w Herceptin q 2 weeks
4/2009 Progression on Taxol & Paralyzed L Vocal Cord from Nodes Pressing on Nerve
5/2009 Begin Rx with Navelbine/Herceptin
11/09 Progression on Navelbine
Fought for and started Tykerb/Herceptin...nodes are melting!!!!!
2/2010 Back to Avastin/Herceptin
5/2010 Switched to Metronomic Chemo with Herceptin...Cytoxan and Methotrexate
Pericardial Window Surgery to Drain Pericardial Effusion
7/2010 Back to walking a mile a day...YEAH!!!!
9/2010 Nodes are back with a vengence in neck
Qualified for TDM-1 EAP
10/6/10 Begin my miracle drug, TDM-1
Mixed response, shrinking internal nodes, progression skin mets after 3 treatments
12/6/10 Started Halaven (Eribulen) /Herceptin excellent results in 2 treatments
2/2011 I CELEBRATE my 9 YEAR MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/5/11 begin Gemzar /Herceptin for node progression
2/8/2012 Gemzar stopped, Continue Herceptin
2/20/2012 Begin Tomo Radiation to Neck Nodes
2/21/2012 I CELEBRATE 10 YEARS
5/12/2012 BeganTaxotere/ Herceptin is my next miracle for new node progression
6/28/12 Stopped Taxotere due to pregression, Started Perjeta/Herceptin
Sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 07:24 AM   #6
Unregistered

You are also in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know as soon as you get the all clear! - Kim in Minneapolis
Old 01-14-2006, 07:29 AM   #7
kristen

Vicki,

Keep the faith. Stay strong.
MRM: 11/07/03
TX: TCH-BRICG Study-6 tx's; 12/15/03
Herceptin; til 12/14/04
Rads: 30 days
BRCA neg
S-Gap: 12/15/04
Oct 05: LAVH
NED
kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 08:15 AM   #8
Marlys

Vicki,
I pray all will go well with you. Will your husband be able to come home to be with you? I know you have your "fur kids " for support and they will love you no matter what.
Hugs & Prayers,
Marlys
Marlys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 10:02 AM   #9
Nicola

Wishing you a speedy recovery

Vicki,

Hi Hon, I will be praying for a speedy recovery for you and an all clear report.

Big Hugs,
Nicola
Nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 11:23 AM   #10
TriciaK

Add my prayers, too, Yorkiegirl. I had a subcutaneous mastectomy on my left breast after a modifed radical on the right and then reconstruction on both 20 years ago. Turned out fine. I think you are doing the right thing; you don't need to wait for "the other shoe to drop". Your husband and your furrykids need you! Hugs, Tricia
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 08:21 PM   #11
Lyn
A Living Legend

Smile

Hi Vicki, I will be praying for you to have a complete recovery. I for one have always had the added problem and no how difficult life is in the dressing department with only 1 breast, and many a time I have wished it had gone at the same time instead of me dealing with the remaining one 7 years later , not to mention being off balance with the continual neck and shoulder pain. You will feel relieved after you have done it, my onc won't even consider it, he just says when do you stop cutting, I suppose I am humouring him, but it will be nice one day to be all clear, or at least well balanced.

Love & big Hugs Lyn
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 06:06 PM   #12
lexigirl

Vicki,

I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you.

Love,
Lexi
lexigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 08:16 PM   #13
Yorkiegirl

Marlys

Hi Marlys,

No, my husband will be in Kuwait. I have my sister and a friend going with me tomorrow. Yep sure got my Fur Kid's, they have a feeling something is up.
Thanks for the prayers.

Vicki,
I pray all will go well with you. Will your husband be able to come home to be with you? I know you have your "fur kids " for support and they will love you no matter what.
Hugs & Prayers,
Marlys
Old 01-16-2006, 08:19 PM   #14
Yorkiegirl

Lyn,

Hi Lyn,
yes I hate that feeling of being unbalanced and it being so difficult to dress.
I am just happy the Insurance Company approved this time, and it hasn't even been a year yet. Thanks for the prayers.
Vicki
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hi Vicki, I will be praying for you to have a complete recovery. I for one have always had the added problem and no how difficult life is in the dressing department with only 1 breast, and many a time I have wished it had gone at the same time instead of me dealing with the remaining one 7 years later , not to mention being off balance with the continual neck and shoulder pain. You will feel relieved after you have done it, my onc won't even consider it, he just says when do you stop cutting, I suppose I am humouring him, but it will be nice one day to be all clear, or at least well balanced.

Love & big Hugs Lyn

Last edited by Yorkiegirl; 01-16-2006 at 08:21 PM.. Reason: Sent before responding