HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-22-2003, 02:35 AM   #1
Lolly

I agree! I didn't start on meds for depression until my recurrence, but what a difference they've made in my ability to cope. My PC has told me he feels the condition we suffer from is akin to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
I started on 20mg of Celexa daily, but recently switched to 10mg of Lexapro, which is the new version of Celexa.
Hugs,
Lolly
Old 12-22-2003, 05:22 AM   #2
eleanor

Hi,
I don't know if it's good for depression, but I take Xanax, it just takes the edge off and I find I cope much better with the mood swings.
el
Old 12-22-2003, 05:55 AM   #3
patty z

We try so hard to 'do it ourselves'...for so many different reasons, yet WHY??? We don't HAVE TO!

I am on an older anti-D called Trazodone. It has helped me for nearly two years...and I so wish I had had it from original dx in Dec. of '99!!!

You go get something for yourself, be kind to yourself and ask for it!!

hugs,
pattyz
Old 12-22-2003, 10:23 AM   #4
Kathie in NJ

I was put on paxil 20 mg for hot flashes and anxiety. I now only take 10 mg and it takes the edge off.

Kathie
Old 12-22-2003, 01:15 PM   #5
chere farr

i've suffered from dr.s being too happy with writing out psych prescriptions. if i took all the psych meds they have recently prescribed i would be on buspar, zoloft, xanax, wellburtin, zyprexa (of all things!) and more. and worse, the doctors write out these things knowing i have been prescribed others. today i just laugh it off and toss the rx into the circular file. sometimes i've wondered what med's they're taking to be so flagrant. i'm glad i am a patient interactive. are there others who have found doctors unwilling to communicate to the benefit of the patient's well being in such a fashion?
Old 12-23-2003, 08:08 AM   #6
Jennifer

Hi, my sister has suffered depression all her life and has tried just about everything and now she is on Effexor which has helped her tremedously and helps with hot flashes--good luck, you are in my thoughts. Jennifer
Old 12-27-2003, 11:41 AM   #7
Lisa

I asked for something in 2001 when my dad was suffering from cancer. I was put on Paxil, 20 mg. It helped me cope with the anxiety I had been feeling. When I was diagnosed with BC this year, I was thankful that I was already taking an anti-depressant. I have taken Prozac and Zoloft in the past, but Paxil seems to work best for me.It's OK to ask for help! God knows we have all been through so much! If your doctor does not want to help you, you should find one that does. Good luck!
Old 12-28-2003, 07:50 AM   #8
Priscilla

I honestly feel a lot of our mental problems and depression could be greatly improved by eating more healthful foods (raw vegetables) and less, or no processed foods, meat, eggs, cheese and milk. Also one of the biggest helps is exercise and sunshine and drink lots of water (distilled). Our foods have thousands and thousands of chemicals added to them. Just a thought - Hope it helps.