HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2015, 09:09 AM   #1
kimsmo

Unhappy Zolodex

I have surgery scheduled for August to remove my ovaries, since I'm ER+ and my oncologist wants to put me on Arimidex. In the meantime, he wants me to begin Zolodex injections to shut down my ovaries.

Has anyone had these injections before? For some reason, I'm really nervous about it. They apparently have to inject you in the stomach. Am I just being a whimp? I've had hundreds of injections over the past 2-1/2 years; maybe I'm just getting tired of getting stuck with needles . . .
January 23, 2013: Bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction. 3.5 cm tumor. Surprise 2nd tumor found as well. Sentinal lymph node biopsy clear (which is good). Margins not clear, so will have to have radiation.
February 27 - May 1, 2013: Four rounds of AC
May 22 - July 22: Weekly Taxol, Herceptin every three weeks. Taxol discontinued a few weeks early due to neuropathy. Herceptin will continue every three weeks through May 2014.
August 26 - October 3: Six weeks of daily radiation.
September 4, 2013: Hair, eyelashes and eyebrows start growing back!
October 14, 2013: Returned to full-time work, and started Tamoxifen the same week.
November 19, 2013: Expanders out, implants planted - so much more comfortable! Returned to work two days later! (crazy)
Herceptin is causing poor Muga results (left ventrical function decreased from 78% to 53%). Echocardiogram good, though, so we're continuing with Herceptin and regular echocardiograms.
kimsmo is offline   Reply With Quote