Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-26-2006, 11:51 AM   #1
kristen

Sheryl Crow has BC

This was on her website:

MARCH TOUR POSTPONEDFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Los Angeles, CA

Friday 24th February 2006

Sheryl Crow underwent successful minimally invasive surgery for breast cancer on Wednesday February 22nd. Her doctors confirm her prognosis as excellent and she will receive radiation treatment as a precaution.

With much regret, she must postpone her complete tour of North America which was scheduled for March/April.

It is Sheryl's intention to reschedule as much of the tour as reasonably possible. Specific details will follow shortly. For any patron who wishes a refund and not wait for the new date, they should redeem their tickets at point of purchase only. Please check in with www.sherylcrow.com or with the local venue directly for updated information.

“Approximately 1 in 7 American women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime and more than 2 million American are living with breast cancer today. I am joining the more than 200,000 women who will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year.

We are a testament to the importance of early detection and new treatments. I encourage all women everywhere to advocate for themselves and for their future – see your doctor and be proactive about your health.

More than 10 million Americans are living with cancer, and they demonstrate the ever-increasing possibility of living beyond cancer. I am inspired by the brave women who have faced this battle before me and grateful for the
support of family and friends.”

Sheryl Crow

For assistance to help survivors face the everyday physical, emotional and practical challenges of cancer through education, qualified referrals and counseling services, please call LIVESTRONG SurvivorCare at 1-866-235-7205.
MRM: 11/07/03
TX: TCH-BRICG Study-6 tx's; 12/15/03
Herceptin; til 12/14/04
Rads: 30 days
BRCA neg
S-Gap: 12/15/04
Oct 05: LAVH
NED
kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 02:36 PM   #2
Lisa

I wonder if she's HER2 positive?

Love and light,

Lisa
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 03:14 PM   #3
michele u

That's what i was wondering. they say she caught it early, but we all know if one is Her2 pos then just radiation might be enough!! I wish there was some way to contact her and tell her our stories!!
michele u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 04:14 PM   #4
karenann

Actually, I am pretty sure she has DCIS and with this diagnosis, they do not worry about Her2 status. It is 100% curable and they usually treat with lumpectomy or mastectomy (if DCIS is widespread) and follow up with rads and estrogen blockers. This is what my mom had.

Karen
karenann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 05:21 PM   #5
RhondaH

No, but I read that Kylie Minogue is supposed to have been treated w/ Herceptin

http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/st...001025,00.html

Rhonda
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 07:54 PM   #6
Unregistered

However isn't most dcis her2+ and er/pr -. I thought that is what I read?
Old 02-26-2006, 08:04 PM   #7
karenann

Yes, you are correct, most DCIS is Her2+++ but they don't worry about the Her2 status until it becomes invasive cancer, IDC.

Karen
Old 02-26-2006, 10:24 PM   #8
Lisa

What makes you think she has DCIS?

Love and light,

Lisa
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:51 AM   #9
karenann

Woops! Don't know for a fact that she does have DCIS. I may have been given the wrong information.

Karen
Old 02-27-2006, 12:21 PM   #10
StephN

Talking Too little - too late?

Or too much too soon? After seeing a documentary on the lifestyle of Lance and Cheryl and their custom villa in Spain with all the perfect spaces for her writing, ect., I have to wonder what she was exposed to earlier in life that could have contributed to her cancer??? She had become a fitness wunderkind and supposedly was at the top of her form only a few months ago.
But the cancer was brewing.
How long does cancer take? They say up to 5 and 10 years from the first little mutation that the body does not catch to some event that causes a diagnosis.
AS long as we understand the above statement, it makes it a little easier to accept what is happening to us. Not much we could do about it, except to change what we could not.
I recall a thread here a couple of years back asking for weight and fitness level at DX. It was amazing what a seemingly healthy bunch we were! Seems that stress was one of the common risk factors in that we were a bunch of women who were the caretakers and fearless ones in our families.

So many questions about this pernicious disease...
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 06:02 PM   #11
karenann

Steph,

How are you feeling. You are in my thoughts.

Karen