HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-24-2014, 07:27 AM   #61
phil

Re: kadcyla side effects

for lorraine , the /se of fever, chills set in on day 2 after chemo lasted a day or so. some fatigue from day 2 on - so we got a tx on thursdays so i could help more on wkend. saturday was lorraines fever , chills day and she slept in afternoon. we did not have small child to watch - so some help for you those days 2-4 or so would be good. after 3 doses or so the fever went down , no chills , rare nausea. and then she reduced dose to 3.0 and fever became rare .
the long term effects for some - on plats, liver irritation are more of a concern for some super -responders like lorr. those who get a yr plus ned. lorr. had nueropathy from xeloda before t dm-1 , t dm-1 has made it worse, but she doesnt take anything. i hope you get the same response as for lorr. for her , this drug truly is a lifesaver . we would gladly take it again in same situation . much better than taxanes, adria, xeloda etc. for her .
phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:32 AM   #62
clare147

my husband keeps saying ots like the herceptin and i was fine ob herceptin but keep telling him its nothing lile herceptin its chemo
clare147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:45 AM   #63
clare147

how long did lorraine feel rough for after each treatment
Old 11-25-2014, 06:16 PM   #64
phil

rough stuff was tac, xeloda and especially adria the second time. t dm-1 was much easier than those. felt the chills, fever for 2 -3 days during week one. then 2 weeks to rest up. t dm-1 is a chemo , so it has more s/e than Herceptin alone. but metastatic cancer is aggressive and t dm-1 is the strong cancer killer metastatic her2 pts need. some pts have no s/e.
phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 01:43 PM   #65
clare147

had it yesterday went really well woke up this morning really tired achy and drained have had a bit of a headache today have felt a little nauseaus
i dont know how long.side.effects take to show if they show at all