HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > General Cancer News
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

General Cancer News Latest Breast Cancer News from Moreover Technologies

Old 03-16-2010, 06:50 AM   #1
News

External beam radiotherapy device without shielded bunker infrastructure for breast c

Orbital Therapy has completed the build of their proof-of-concept prototype for breast cancer irradiation, and demonstrated the feasibility to develop and operate an external beam radiotherapy device without the use of a heavily shielded bunker infrastructure.

More...
News is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:02 PM   #2
1rarebird

Re: External beam radiotherapy device without shielded bunker infrastructure for brea

I believe this new system, if approved for marketing, would help relieve some of the stress patients have when receiving radiation therapy. I always felt alone and vulnerable when the radiation therapists left me on the table with the linear accelerator positioned over my chest during the 33 treatments I received. If they could have safely stayed in the room during the treatments, I am sure I would have been more comfortable with the whole process.

bird
Male Breast Cancer, DX 5/15/09, IDC, STAGE 1, 1.7 cm, HER2+++, ER+(95%)/PR+(75%), Ki67 40%, grade 3, 0/5 nodes, TX: mastectomy, TCH finished 7/19/10, radiation 6 wks., Tamoxifen on going, bisphosphonate 24 mos.
1rarebird is offline   Reply With Quote