HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Diet and Nutrition
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Diet and Nutrition By popular demand our nutritional message board. This board will be monitored by a Registered RD who is certified in oncology by the American Dietetic Association

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2010, 10:02 AM   #1
vlcarr

Vitamin D Test Results

Below are the results of my test on 06/24/10. It says my ranges are normal but to me they seem low. I don't understand some of this so thought I would post and see what you guys think with more understanding of this issue. I haven't had a chance to talk with my onc about this yet. It's hard to read so I put in red what they say is optimum levels and my results are at the bottom in blue.

[ Reference Range for 25-Hydroxy D Total: ♦ <10 ng/mL (severe deficiency)* ♦ 10-24 ng/mL (mild to moderate deficiency)** ♦ 25-80 ng/mL (optimum levels)*** ♦ >80 ng/mL (toxicity possible)**** ♦ ♦ *Could be associated with osteomalacia or rickets ♦ **May be associated with increased risk of osteoporosis or secondary hyperparathoidism. ♦ ***Optimum levels in the normal population. ♦ ****80 ng/mL is the lowest reported level associated with toxicity in patients without primary hyperparathyroidism who have normal renal function. Most patients with toxicity have levels >150 ng/mL. ♦ Patients with renal failure can have very high 25-OH-VitD levels without any signs of toxicity, as renal conversion to the active hormone 1,25-OH-VitD is impaired or absent. ♦ ♦ These reference ranges represent clinical decision values that apply to males and females of all ages, rather than population-based reference values. Population reference ranges for 25-OH-VitD vary widely depending on ethnic background, age, geographic location of studied populations, and the sampling season. Population-based ranges correlate poorly with serum 25-OH-VitD concentrations that are associated with biologically and clinically relevant vitamin D ♦ effects and are therefore of limited clinical value.] Nutrition25-HYDROXY D2: < 4 25-HYDROXY D3: 29 25-HYDROXY D TOTAL: 29
Grade 3
Sentinel Node Biopsy-speck present in 1 node
Completed 3 month clinical trial of weekly Herceptin and 1000mg Tykerb daily
Tumor no longer present
Right mastectomy and lymph node removal 09/25/09
No cancer present at time of surgery, none in lymph nodes
Start TCH 10/15, every 3 weeks for 4 months followed by radiation
Finished chemo 01/28/10-YEAH!
Herceptin every 3 wks until end of June
Radiation begins 03/01, 6 1/2 weeks
Radiation complete--Yeah!!
Developed lymphedema after radiation
In hospital for 4 days with pneumonia:(
Herceptin done! 06/24/10
Port Removed 07/08/10
Still in PT for lymphedema and mobility issues
DIEP Reconstruction 05/11
I can be changed by what happens to me, but I refuse to be reduced by it~~Maya Angelou
vlcarr is offline   Reply With Quote