HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Profiles In Courage
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2003, 12:52 AM   #1
Audrey White

Hi everyone. I've been reading your stories all morning and it has given me hope.. Here's my story so far:
Diagnosed in June 2001 (on my 36th birthday) with Paget's disease (a rare cancer of the nipple).
Married with 2 small children ages 3 and 5 at dx.
Had mastectomy in July 2001. Pathologist discovered 15 cm invasive tumor. 11/24 positive nodes Grade 3 Stage III Her2++.

Started A/C in Aug. 2001 followed by 12 weeks of Taxol. Then came 5 weeks of radiation and one year of weekly Herceptin IV. Finished Herceptin trial in March 2003. NED so far (Thank God) BUT onc. noticed unusual lump on left breast yesterday. Diagnostic mammogram is scheduled for later this week. I had been so positive and upbeat lately --never thought I would make it this far but 2 years after my grim diagnosis I was celebrating my 10th wedding anniversary and so happy to be alive. Now that I am facing my first possibility of recurrence I am devasted. Just when I finally thought I was going to be okay " the onc. finds something...Please keep me in your thoughts and pray for a good outcome in my upcoming tests. I feel as though you are all my sisters even though we have never met--the ""BC"" bond is strong--to know you are not alone in your experiences... Thanks for the opportunity to share my story."