HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Diet and Nutrition
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Diet and Nutrition By popular demand our nutritional message board. This board will be monitored by a Registered RD who is certified in oncology by the American Dietetic Association

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2011, 11:32 AM   #21
YellowTail

Re: Diet and breast cancer

Navigating the road of what to eat and what not to eat is something we all grapple with. I agree with Amy as well, balance. Prior to breast cancer I ate well mainly fish dotted with grass fed organic meat (minimal pork), veggies and fruit organic as well so I continue on with this regiment however I have reduced the red meat and increased my beans and legumes. Recently, I read that when possible eat organic as it it richer in vitamins and minerals, however the organic farmers still use over 100 pesticides on their produce but they are still safer than the non-organic farmers. It was suggested that I buy my meat/fish/veggies/fruit from local farmers that are organic and have the animals to produce fertilizer so that it is organic. It is very easy for me to do this as I live in Niagara Canada where the farmers are plenty. In my opinion food makes a difference in our overall physical, mental and spiritual health.

Eating well is a full time job, LOL...have a great day and thanks so much for sharing!
YellowTail is offline   Reply With Quote