HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Articles of Interest
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2003, 03:56 AM   #1
Paul C.

Early provocative data is demonstrating that platinum compounds (e.g. cisplatin and carboplatin) particularly in combination with other agents have an important role to play in the treatment of breast cancer. These agents may soon be used routinely in the adjuvant setting for this condition according to researchers speaking at the Second Annual "Future of Breast Cancer: An International Breast Cancer Congress."
Old 10-14-2003, 03:27 AM   #2
Kay

I am currently on Carboplatin/taxotere/Herceptin
to treat stage IV mets to the brain(gamma knife &wbr)& liver. I just started so i really don't have an opinion yet. However I know someone that was stage IV and used Carbo/taxol/herceptin and have been in remission for over two years.

So the is hope for me and others !!!!
Old 11-27-2004, 06:26 PM   #3
alexandere666

Hi, just finished Herceptin/Taxol/Carboplatin 26 weekly doses and all tests have come back with no evidence of disease, Herceptin/Carboplatin on its own stalled the growth but when Taxol was added over the next 26 weeks it knocked out the lump, I have been having continual treatment since 1998, not even the radiation with the carboplatin could get rid of it all but it did take the pressure of a nerve in my neck which was giving severe pain when I turned my head and I was loosing the use of my good arm as well but did its job straight away there.

Hugs Lyn