HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-14-2006, 03:00 AM   #1
Johanna Johannsdottir

headache???

Hello to all of you,

I have been on taxotere/herceptin for 15 times now. So far so good and the scanner prooved that my liver mets were gone. Duddenly for the last days I have headache, mostly when I go to sleep and wake up in the morning. When I'm active the headache goes away. It's a splitting headache an completely new for me. I'm not worried about brain mets but this is getting rather troublesome. Anyone knows about headache with this medicine?

best reg.

Jóhanna
Johanna Johannsdottir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:37 AM   #2
John21

similiar

My wife has had similiar symptoms. Headache at night but ok in the morning and day. She had a brain mri and all was well. The doctor thinks maybe stress or some hormonal thing. She is on herceptin and zometa every 3 weeks. I thought the headaches had to do with the wig she wears. Everytime she would get home and take it off, her headache would appear.

Hope this helps

John
John21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 08:00 AM   #3
bobbiw

Well I am so glad to see this post as I too have been experiencing headaches before going to bed and certainly when I wake up in the morning. They do tend to go away as the day wears on. A few have been so severe that I am a little nauseated! These do not happen every day. I too am on Herceptin weekly having just finished Taxol on May 25th.
Bobbi
bobbiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 08:10 AM   #4
SandyR

The headache question is a good one! I am wondering if you are also more conjested (runny nose) on herceptin and if maybe the conjestion is contributing to the headache at night. Perhaps during the day the conjested areas have drained some....??? I am not a headache person, but when I do get a headache in the night it seems to be related to sinuses for me.... just a thought because so many people have runny noses on herceptin.
SandyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:12 AM   #5
al from Canada

Reoccurring headaches should always be followed-up with a brain MRI to eliminate brain mets. Sandy, I think you made a great connection with sinuses esp. during allergy season.

Al