HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-29-2004, 12:47 AM   #1
Nikki UK

Hi there Helle
I am being treted in the UK for stage 2 Her2+++ cancer, apart from Chemo and rads i have also had many other complimentary therapies at the hospital paid for by the national health service, this includes Reflexology, head massage, nutritionist support, counselling group and a wonderful Friday afternoon session having ear accupuncture which supposedly helps control hot flashes (i am yet to have results from this)...i would ask at your hospital to see if they can refer you for complimentary treatments, if nothing else they really help lift your mood, and they can help with the side effects of conventional treatment.
Best of luck
Nikki
Old 09-29-2004, 04:29 AM   #2
Helle

Dear Everybody.

I am wondering if it is possible in hospital, in other countries than mine, to be treated with other treatments than chemo and radiation. I am thinking about, if you can get for example psychological counselling, acupuncture or help to find the right amount of vitamins and proteins. In Denmark it is only possible to get chemo and radiation. If you want other types of treatment along with the normal treatment, you have to find it yourself.

I would be most grateful to hear what is possible in your hospital.
Thanks Helle

Old 09-30-2004, 03:10 PM   #3
Steph N

My friend who is being treated for a re-reoccurrence is getting Reiki - a sort of light massage or pressure on certain energy flow lines. She pays hereself, but says it is well worth it and helps her sleep. We live in Seattle, but this is pretty popular now in the "alt medicine" world.