HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-04-2004, 04:35 AM   #1
Steph N

Hi -
I have not experienced lung mets, but recall a lot of posts here from others who have them. What have they done that was successful and got them to NED or remission so they could take a break??
I know a lot of women here are treated in the "containment" plans, and I just hope it is not because they are "cash cows" for their cancer center and there really is no other way for them to be treated.
Aggressive cancers calls for aggressive treatments - even if it means giving up more quality of life for a period of time. That was worth a try for me. Fortunately, I was not bothered by upset stomach and could eat pretty well and keep my strength up. Also have no young children to run after, so enough peace and quiet.

This Friday will be an important day for you to talk very seriously with your med onc. Hopefully your onc will not feel that you are already not strong enough to undergo multi-drug therapy to try to knock out those mets. All best wishes for a positive meeting.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:42 AM   #2
susie

It disturbs me that many of us are considered so incurble that aggressive treatments aren;t even offered. You do know that what we have---metastatic b.c. is considered incurable or terminal, and that is the line of thinking of most oncologists. I would like to know where people go to find a different attitude--what doctors or medical centers treat you like you have a disease that is treatable.