HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-07-2004, 04:49 AM   #1
jessica

I'm am blessed and so very fortunate to have an amazing circle of friends...I've often said that I feel like a flower that all my friends take incredible care to make sure I'm watered, fed & have the perfect amount of sunlight.I know it's corny, but I really am spoiled.My family lives out West & I'm here on the East Coast w/just my family of friends.I anticipated that I would have to move, and my parents & sisters expected I would, but b/c I've managed so well during treatment and I have so much support, I was able to continue living & enjoying my life here in the 2 years since dx & despite a year of chemo.
I have so much respect for my family for allowing me to stay here and to my friends for taking such good care of me...often knowing what I needed before I did.They would put on a brave face for me when I was afraid or sad or angry, then turn to each other for support and comfort.
My dilemna is how do I honor them for all that they have given me?I just try to be the best person I can be...there's some saying about 'you can't be angry & grateful at the same time...' and it's absolutely true.
I wish everyone's experience could be the same as mine.
Keep the faith!
Jessica