HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-06-2017, 04:10 PM   #1
phil

Re: Our Waterdreamer is Gone

She was very near death back in December , talking with hospice . Then neratinib came along . Puma gave her compassionate use , and she rebounded miraculously . I know she was grateful that Puma , a relatively small biotech , gave her a chance . So many of the small co.'s don't give much , if any . Like Cascadian and Macrogenics - both bringing along our next promising her2 drugs. tucatinib and margetuximab . They use stage ivs for their trials then deny us a chance .
Ferns' cea went from the 900's down to somewhere around 100 , i think . She felt great up into June at least . The re-occurrence must have been quick because she never got to post . You know she would have if she could have , she was always sharing her experiences and helping others . that's who she was. her family posted on Fb asking for prayers and a few weeks later she was gone. She had been through many , many treatments and her nasty cancer morphed repeatedly - so i guess the neratinib could only hold a while. She loved her children fiercely, the water and scuba diving. RIP
phil is offline   Reply With Quote