HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-03-2005, 07:00 AM   #1
*_celina_*

I can look into a clinic here in Montreal, Al. My husband went to school with someone who works there and he has always put us at the top of his list to get scans done...same day. I know he would accommodate you..not sure how it works with OHIP though. Let me know.
Celina
Old 09-03-2005, 10:22 AM   #2
al from canada

Thanks celina,

I'll look into the OHIP thing on Tuesday. That's a great offer, is you don't think that's pushing the marrriage / friendship envelope a little far?
Our private clinic app't is Sept. 14 and our hospital request hasn't been triaged yet. Let's set this up on personal e-mail, I'll ask Joe to forward an e-mail
Thanks,
Al
Old 09-03-2005, 01:08 PM   #3
jjfromcanada

Al and Linda,

No need to wait for Tuesday.

Check out the OHIP web site. Google 'ohip' and then go to the Fact Sheets section and look for Travelling. It tell you what OHIP will pay for no matter where you are.

Or type: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/english/...ub/ohip/travel

In short, if it is available here and you choose to get it there, you pay.

You know you can deduct medical expenses from your income tax though. This would include items like this which you choose to have outside your provincial health care plan.

Good luck. Apparently they are costly because the half life of the isotope is very short. Where are you on the list in Ontario? Mt Sinai does some tests like that 7 days a week.