HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-04-2005, 04:58 PM   #1
*_celina_*

My sister has been pulled off the Lapitinib trial. She is having serious seizures and progression on the brain. Unfortunately she only had 10 days of the medication before she was off for a couple of days to get her potassium levels up. Her levels are up, but MRI today showed progression...she's been in hospital since Saturday. Doctors have requested meeting with family tomorrow. They are giving her 2 months to live...we are desparately trying to get the trial drug on compassionate grounds. We know that it may not work for her, but we want her to have hope...that's the least we can give her. I'm so sad...and mad, but I will pray. Please send your prayers to Carole and her family.
Thank you so much.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:26 PM   #2
Lolly

Dear Celina, I'll be praying for Carol and all the family. Sending big hugs to you, you have been a rock for her.

Love,
Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 06:01 PM   #3
eric

Celina,

I'm sorry that you and your family are going through this. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Warmest regards,
Eric
Old 08-04-2005, 11:30 PM   #4
StephN

Celina -
This was not the news I was hoping/expecting. I feel so sad for you and your family as you have tried everything you possibly could to help Carole.

Seizures are serious - and I thought she had only had a couple in the past - not too bad. Hate to hear that this is the trouble plus progression.

Ask those docs if they are absolutely sure they are seeing progression and not some old tissue or inflammation.

I will pray that she will be comfortable and not suffer if her time is coming.
StephN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 05:28 AM   #5
Cindy H.

Sending lots of love and prayers your way....
Cindy
Old 08-05-2005, 06:10 AM   #6
joy

I'm so very sorry Celina. We will all pray and keep thinking of hope for your sister and your family and YOU, of course. You, like my own sister, are such a champion for Carol. For those of us in the fight there are not words to share how we feel about loved ones like you. And I hope you allow yourself to be mad and sad and whatever else comes up. We are here and praying!

with hop,
joy
Old 08-05-2005, 02:29 PM   #7
*_anne_*

Dear Celina,

I am sorry to hear the news. I was praying this would help your sister. Please don't give up. Call Cancer Centers of America and look around for more trials. I will pray for your sister and family.

Love
Anne
Old 08-05-2005, 03:26 PM   #8
Hope

Dear Celina, I will keep your sister in my prayers. I know who difficult this is for you and your family. But remember, God does do MIRACLES and he has the final word not Doctors.