HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-19-2005, 06:19 AM   #1
*_Cathy_*

Hi- I am on my 12th day of xeloda and last night I blew my nose and it started to bleed! Bright red blood. I called my doctor and he says that if I bleed again , to go to the emergency room and they will give me platelets. This never happened before and I don't get nosebleeds. I have a cold but am so afraid to blow my nose. Has this ever happened to any of you before and do you think I should stop the xeloda? I take 4000mg/daily.God Bless You All, Cathy
Old 06-19-2005, 02:13 PM   #2
madubois63

Cathy - I get Taxotere three weeks out of the month and have nose bleeds several days out of each week. My oncologist knows, and it is a side effect that I just have to deal with. I use saline nose drops to keep my nose moist.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:46 AM   #3
mts

I read that maybe you can talk to your onc about giving you Xeloda one week on and one week off as opposed to 2 weeks on two weeks off. And although not proven - nicotine patches to alleviate side effects...

mts
Old 06-22-2005, 10:25 AM   #4
*_Cathy_*

HI! I'm getting xeloda two weeks on - one week off. Isn't that the normal way?Thanks- God Bless- Cathy
Old 06-24-2005, 08:32 AM   #5
mts

There are several "normal ways"... Don't wait for your side effects to worsen- you may have to go "off" the drug in order to recuperate and that can compromise your treatment schedule. Tell your onc right away and he/she CAN adjust the off/on intervals of Xeloda.

The following website might be helpful. Once you get there- scroll 3/4 down and there is an entire "conversation" regarding Xeloda.

;-) mts

http://www.breastcancer.org/cmty_trans_2003_09.html