HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-26-2007, 08:19 AM   #21
Joy

My goodness you guys

I am always so blown away by the wisdom and effort you all show. Thank you so much for all of your words and seeking advice from others on my behalf-it means so much. You said things in ways that I hadn't thought of and can take to heart and assimilate so easily. I'm feeling a little braver and who knows where any of this will go. This man is off to Chicago for business and I think he will contact me when he gets back, but I'm open to whatever.

Anyway, I feel so much better after reading this thread-because my friends and family have said similar things on this issue-but you guys KNOW about these things.

MMMmm, I just love you all so much!

dx stage I 2/2000*er/pr+; her- per IHC*lumpectomy*4 rounds A/C*30 rads*tamoxifen*dx stage 4 5/2002*huge mets to liver*tiny mets to lungs*stopped tamoxifen*5/02 taxotere/xeloda*her 2 checked with FiSH-her2+++herceptin *2/03 stopped chemo femara w/herceptin*zolodex*04 switched to aromasin w/herceptin*05 high estrogen tx*11/05taxol/carbo*7/06 stopped chemo; megace/herceptin*9/06navelbine/herceptin*5/07tykerb/xeloda great response*4/08 progression in liver; ooph/ faslodex /herceptin
6/08 began Herceptin DM-1
9/08 progression
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:08 AM   #22
IRENE FROM TAMPA

Thumbs up Para Una Amiga Muy Valiente Y Bonita

This is your first spanish lesson from me -

Translation: "To a very courageous and beautiful friend"

Joy - I think it is marvelous that you are venturing out and trying to enjoy new experiences. That is what " living" is all about. YOU GO GIRL

I dont know you personally but from your picture and how you help others on this board, you seem to be a very warm and loving person. Anyone would be very lucky to FIND YOU.

I also vote to meeting this gentleman and see how you like him. If he is not the one, you are taking the first step to a positive future.

Don't forget to have fun along the way even if you don't meet Mr. Right
on the first few try's. And please keep us posted as to how it's all turning out. How fun for all of us to focus on something different and exciting for a change - like our very own little mini soap opera (hope I am not sounding too personal - lol

seriously Joy - HAVE FUN ON THE WAY.

Take care my friend
TREAT: STEM CELL REPLACEMENT/HERCEPTIN.
2002 - RECUR TO LIVER
TREAT: NAVELBINE, THEN GEMZAR, THEN XELODA.
2004 - TUMORS STILL IN LIVER
TREAT: RFA TO LIVER
STABLE UNTIL
2004 - TUMOR PROGRESSION IN LIVER.
TREAT: RESECT HALF OF LIVER.
2005 - RECURR TO LYMPH NODE OUTSIDE OF LIVER.
TREAT: TAXOL/CARPO/HERCEPTIN. FAILED ON
THIS TRIO. STARTED ON ABRAXANE.
2006 - PROGRESS WITH 2ND TUMOR GROWTH.
TREAT: AUG. BEGAN ON TYKERB/XELODA
TRIAL. CONSIDERED STABLE TO DATE.
2007 - TAKEN OFF OF TYKERB/XELODA TRIAL DUE TO
PROGRESS STARTING TYKERB/AVASTIN.
NOV 2007 - SCANS SHOW PROGRESS TUMOR GROWTH
IN ABDOM. AND TWO NEW TUMORS IN NECK AREA.
BEGAN HERCEPTIN/AVASTIN/TAXOTERE
Feb 08 - Ixempra/Xeloda
June 08 - Her/DM1 trial

"I WANT TO BE AN OUTRAGEOUS OLD WOMAN WHO NEVER GETS CALLED AN OLD LADY. I WANT TO GET SHARP EDGED & EARTH COLORED, TILL I FADE AWAY FROM PURE JOY."
IRENE FROM TAMPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:19 AM   #23
rinaina

Hi Joy, cancer or not, you have so very much to give to someone, that any guy would be crazy not to appreciate it. I understand your hesitancy but I vote that you go for it. The very fact that you are thinking about it and actually acting on your thoughts proves that you are ready to take on another thing in your life. Joy, Your name fits you so well. You are a constant inspiration to all of us. Please let the male population see all that we do. You go girl!!! Best of luck and I'll be praying for good things for you.
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:57 AM   #24
Hopeful

Joy,

Go for it! After 4 years, you could use the practice in social situations. Each one is a learning experience, so, even if this one doesn't work out, you will have learned something to help you handle the next one (which there definitely will be, because you have to keep trying!). Life is to be lived, not watched. Take a chance.

Hopeful
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:15 AM   #25
chrisy

Hi Joy,

I'm so glad to see you posting again - I've been worried about you (although I did spy and saw you had been logging in regularly!).

You have every right to yearn for what "ordinary" people want - and you should have that and more, since you are "extraordinary". After all, the reason you are fighting so hard for life is to HAVE a life.

Although we know each other only from our posts here, I think we Her2 sisters (and brothers) know each other better than most strangers do. Where else do people bare their souls so openly as here?

So, knowing you as I do, I know that anyone would be enriched by getting to know you. I don't think you could be anything but "honest", but don't feel like you have to push(scare) people away.

Put yourself out there, Joy, and give someone the opportunity of a lifetime - to bask in your shining light.

Much love
chris
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote