HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2015, 06:12 PM   #1
Colleen

Hot Flashes!

Curious if anyone else experiences hot flashes from chemo or maintenance therapy? I had six cycles of Herceptin, perjeta, and taxotere last year, dropped taxotere in February of 2014 and have since continued Herceptin and perjeta every three weeks. When I was diagnosed with stage 4 HER2 bc I was already on the other side of menopause; no hot flashes or vaginal dryness. I tried Brisdelle and it has helped but never completely stopped the hot flashes so I have decided to stop taking it. Will the hot flashes ever stop while I am on these drugs, Herceptin and perjeta?
Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 03:15 PM   #2
Lucy

Re: Hot Flashes!

You say maintenance therapy, do you mean hormone therapy (femara, armidex, etc.)?

I started taking anastrazole (aka armidex) last December and in the last few weeks to a month I started having hot flashes. I'm still getting herceptin (and have been getting it since last summer) but I wasn't having hot flashes until recently so I'm thinking that's what's causing it. I haven't had perjeta though so maybe someone who has can speak to whether that may cause hot flashes.

So sorry you're having to go through this. Best of luck and let us know how you're doing. Sending cyber hugs!
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote