HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-28-2007, 10:15 PM   #1
charlotte

I hope I don't have another week like this soon

Hello all:, I don't post too often but I do read and "lurk" in the back ground... I just needed to vent over this week and it's not over yet....
..my brother in law was shot and killed monday morning. The man emptied a whole round of bullets into my brother in law..then the man called 911 and sat down by the fence and waited for the police...he said he had been planning to kill him for days... he was a sub contracter for and they had some kind of dispute over the boat my brother in law was building for another party.... what is so stupid , is he went by the mans shop on Sunday and he patted him on the back and said something like "we are straight now".. and my brother in law left with my sisiter and went on to Destin ... and then the next day (monday) he waited at the shop and when he walked to open the gate.. he shot him down ..... this has been a terrible week..we will wake him tommorrow and bury him Friday at noon....leaves behind 2 children, my sister and 3 grand children.. in 8 months his daughter has now buried her husband ( car wreck )and now we will bury her father Friday...
As if that is not enough.. my father was diagnosed with liver cancer this week and has to have major surgery.. he is going to shands ( in Gainsville ) next week ....

so my stress level is pretty much maxed out.... I have been having some problems with the herceptin regime.. I had to go into the hospital Tuesday for a 2d echo.... don't know the results yet.. they held the herceptin last week because of the nausea and vomiiting.. and some chest pains....

so I go in tommorow morning and will get the next dose of herceptin or not????

thanks for letting me vent
charlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:19 PM   #2
sassy

Charlotte,

So sorry life is being so difficult right now. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself during all this.
________
Live sex

Last edited by sassy; 08-22-2011 at 09:09 AM..
sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:41 AM   #3
KellyA

Charlotte,

I am so sorry to hear that you are dealing with such devastating news. You are in my heart today and I send out a special prayer for you.

Love, Kelly
Stage 2b, 2 tumors- 2.2 cm and 0.6 cm, 3/5 + nodes
all scans clear
genetic testing- negative
06/06 began dd A/C x 4, 12 weekly Taxols w/ Herceptin
30 rads
Herceptin weekly x 1 year
Herceptin completed 08/07
Port removed 12/26/07 MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
05/17/08 Two year anniversary NED

"We gain strength, courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... you must do the thing that you think you cannot do."

-Eleanor Roosevelt

KellyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:41 AM   #4
Annemarie

I am sorry sorry for your tragic news. I will say a prayer tonight for your family.
Annemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:38 AM   #5
suzan w

Yikes! Take time to breathe today...sounds like you are dealing with way too much! Hugs and Prayers from me to you and your family!
5/05 biopsy-invasive lobular carcinoma with LCIS,8mm tumor,stage 1 grade 2, ER+ PR+ Her2+++
6/14/05 bilateral mastectomy, node neg. all scans neg.
Oncotype DX-high risk
8/05-10/05 4 rounds A/C
10/05 -10/06 1 yr. herceptin
arimidex-5 years
2/14/08 started daily self administered injections..FORTEO for severe osteoporosis
7/28/09 BRCA 1 negative BRCA2 POSITIVE
8/17/09 prophylactic salpingo-oophorectomy
10/15/10 last FORTEOinjection
RECLAST infusion(ostoeporosis)
6/14/10 5 year cancerversary!
8/2010-18%increase in bone density!
no further treatments
Oncologist says, "Go do the Happy Dance"
I say,"What a long strange trip its been"
'One day at a time'
6-14-2015. 10 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!
7-16 to 9-16. Extensive (and expensive) dental work done to save teeth. Damage from osteoporosis and chemo and long term bisphosphonate use
6-14-16. 11 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!!
7-20-16 Prolia injection for severe osteoporosis
2 days later, massive hive outbreak. This led to an eventual dx of Chronic Ideopathic Urticaria, an auto-immune disease from HELL.
6-14-17 12 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!!
still suffering from CIU. 4 hospitilizations in the past year

as of today, 10-31-17 in remission from CIU and still, CANCER FREE!!!
6-14-18 13 YEAR CANCERVERSARY!! NED!!
suzan w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:11 PM   #6
lexigirl

Charlotte,

What terrible news. I am sorry for you and your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi
lexigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:35 PM   #7
vickie h

Your loss

Dear Charlotte, What devastating news! I am so very sorry for all you are going through, it seems so unfair. So much tragedy to overcome in such a short time. I want you to know that we are praying for you and surrounding you with our love. Much love and support I send you today from California, please let me know if there is anything I can do to ease any of the heavy burden you are carrying. My love and prayers to you and your family, Vickie
vickie h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:41 PM   #8
Joy

don't know what to say

What a sick tragedy you are facing. I was stunned and so very sad for all. Do everything you can to nurture your way through this-that means YOU!

I would try to find out the results and call your oncologist regarding the next herceptin. Hopefully all is good and you can handle the infusion.

Thinking of you and your family.

dx stage I 2/2000*er/pr+; her- per IHC*lumpectomy*4 rounds A/C*30 rads*tamoxifen*dx stage 4 5/2002*huge mets to liver*tiny mets to lungs*stopped tamoxifen*5/02 taxotere/xeloda*her 2 checked with FiSH-her2+++herceptin *2/03 stopped chemo femara w/herceptin*zolodex*04 switched to aromasin w/herceptin*05 high estrogen tx*11/05taxol/carbo*7/06 stopped chemo; megace/herceptin*9/06navelbine/herceptin*5/07tykerb/xeloda great response*4/08 progression in liver; ooph/ faslodex /herceptin
6/08 began Herceptin DM-1
9/08 progression
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:35 PM   #9
MJo

I am so sorry. It's awful enough to lose your brother in law, but to lose him to senseless violence is too much. My heart goes out to your sister. Remember, every study that looked at whether stress contributes to cancer has come out negative. Try to take care of yourself in the weeks ahead.

IDC, Stage I, Grade 2
Oncotype DX Score 32
Her2++ E+P+, Node Neg.
Lumpectomy 11/04/05 Clear Margins
3 Dose dense AC (Couldn't tolerate 4)
4 Dose dense Taxol & Herc. (Tolerated well)
36 weeks Herceptin (Could not complete one year due to decrease in MUGA score)
2 years of Arimidex, then three years of Femara
Finished Femara May 2011
MJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:38 PM   #10
Lolly

Charlotte, I'm so very sorry for you, and will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. This world doesn't make sense sometimes.

<3 Lolly
Sept.'99 - Dx.Stage IIIB, IDC ER/PR-, HER2+++ by IHC, confirmed '04 by FISH. Left MRM, AC x's 4, Taxol x's 4, 33 Rads, finishing Tx May 2000. Jan.'01 - local/regional recurrence, Stage IV. Herceptin/Navelbine weekly till NED August 2001, then maintenance Herceptin. Right Mast. April 2002. Local/Regional recurrence April '04, Herceptin plus/minus chemo until May '07. Gemzar added from Feb.'07-April '07; Tykerb/Abraxane until August '07, back on Herceptin plus Taxotere and Xeloda Sept. '07. Stopped T/X Nov. '07, stopped Herceptin Dec. '07, started Avastin/Taxol/Carboplatin Dec. '07. Progression in chest skin, stopped TAC March '03, started radiation.

Herceptin has served as the "Backbone" of my treatment strategy for over 6 years, giving me great quality of life. In 2005, I was privileged to participate in the University of Washington/Seattle HER2 Vaccine Trial.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 04:39 PM   #11
charlotte

update on my situation

First thanks for the support , answers help offered....

We buried him today. The family is devestated....I am trying to be strong for my sister but it is so much to bear... there was such an outporing of folks , last nite and today in church for the funeral.. they had wall to wall people , brought in extra chairs and still could not contain the folks who came out to see my brother in law... He was truly loved by lots of folks...

as far as the herception.... my 2d echo dropped to 25..... my oncologist says no more herception...... if I can get it back up ( which is doubtful) to 50 I would be so happy... Even tho the herception was giving me a lot of problems.....(he still thinks I may have had a heart attack along this journey)
don't know!!!!! I only received 4 rounds of herception.... wonder if that will help....????

so now I am on 2 blood pressure medications...and try and see if it will help.... He told me it was ok to take the co q 10 as well..

So now it is time to let my heart rest a bit , so I can go back in the ring again and fight this terrible disease again.

thanks again..

Charlotte
charlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:06 PM   #12
kari

Charlotte,
So very sorry for all that you and your family has gone through this week. It breaks my heart to hear about something so sad and senseless. My condolences to you, your sister and whole family. May it help to ease your pain to know that others care. You are all lifted up in my prayers tonight.
Take time to look after yourself, too. Get stronger, and hopefully you will be able to resume your Herceptin treatments at some point in time. CoQ10 is supposed to be very good at strengthening the heart, so taking it may help.
Peace and Blessings,
Karen

"The Good Lord gave us mountains, so we could learn how to climb!"
kari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:29 PM   #13
rinaina

Charlotte, please accept my heartfelt sympathy on the passing of your brother in law. How very tragic his death was and so senseless. These are difficult deaths to comprehend for sure. I am also saddened and sorry to hear about your father. You poor thing, all this on top of the news about your echo and having to stop herceptin. Please know we are all here for you and lend whatever support you may need to get through this. You must keep fighting your own battles even while going through such difficult times. Don't give up the fight. Perhaps some counseling at a time like might be beneficial.
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:54 PM   #14
Bev

Charlotte, so sorry life has been dumpy lately. Sorry not dumpy, plain traumatic. Hope the herceptin you have done so far will keep you ned. Keep in touch. BB
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:05 PM   #15
Vanessa

Sorry to hear things have not been going well for your family. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I hope your dad's surgery goes well.
Vanessa is offline   Reply With Quote