HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Clinical Trials
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-14-2005, 09:55 PM   #1
Lolly

I received confirmation today that my first appointment for the Her2 Vaccine is indeed scheduled for next Wednesday, January 19th...WhooHoo!
It's been a long journey...I started discussing this trial with my oncologis last spring, shortly after beginning treatment for my second recurrence. He and his nurse have been tireless in making sure all the i's were dotted and the t's stayed crossed. It's a wonderful opportunity to contribute to the data on this new, very promising treatment. Seattle here we come!
Will keep you all posted.

Love, Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 09:31 PM   #2
Ragini Srinivasan

Hi Lolly,
Its great to hear that you will taking part in the her 2 vaccine trial. I have read a couple of clips on it but do not know the details as such eg who is eligible etc. Could you please let me know the website or where I can find more info on this. Living in Singapore I always feel far from the action. Hope its the magic bullet for us. I have aslo seen a number of posts by you and feel very encouraged reading them. I understand you have had a recurrence for the second time, I have not got any sort of remission since my recurrence in 2000. Could I request you to share some info regarding when you were diagnosed, receptor status, stage and how you were treated like the chemo agents. There are no nutritionists in Singapore thats what my onco says and I am taking supplements on my own based on reading books etc. Are you taking any complimentary therapy and supplements like esssiac tea etc.etc. I would be grateful if you get back to me. Thank you
Ragini srinivasan
Old 01-16-2005, 11:24 AM   #3
Lolly

Hi Ragini,

I'm happy to share my story with you; if you go to the top of this page, the banner under the pictures has links to additional pages...click on Community, then Members Stories. There you'll find my story in detail, and also many other most amazing and inspirational stories of some of our members, including our founder, Christine Druther.

I have taken various supplements and teas off and on over the years, including Essiac, but in general when I'm on chemotherapy I take only a minimum to maintain health as there's some controversy regarding use of mega doses of anti-oxidants counteracting the chemo's ability to kill the cancer cells. I've ALWAYS taken a good multivitam w/iron, 1000 mgs of C, acidophilus in gel cap form(2-3 daily), and a clove of fresh garlic (either mashed or pressed and incorporated raw into a salad or some veggie dish). However, I'm no expert. If you would like to read an interesting and informative article on this subject, go to the Articles of Interest page and click on "Cancer, Chemotherapy and Supplements"; long but worth the read.

Here are two links, the first to the clinical trial I'm taking part in, and the second to the University of Washington's Tumor Vaccine Group's clinical trial page which lists all their current trials...

http://www.medical.washington.edu/studies/...study=038845B01

http://depts.washington.edu/tumorvac...caltrials.html

Hope you find this helpful, and remember, you have a group of friends only a mouse click away!

Love, Lolly
Old 01-17-2005, 07:14 PM   #4
Dail

Lolly, good luck. I also live in Seattle and will finish Taxol on January 21, with my first Herceptin infusion planned for the first or second week of February; my treatment will be at Swedish so unfortunatly, we won't run across each other at treatment. Good luck.

Dail Bodziony
Old 01-20-2005, 05:14 PM   #5
Lolly

Hi Dail, hope your last Taxol goes smoothly, and then on to Herceptin! Let us know how the Herceptin goes, it should be fine.

Love, Lolly
Old 03-12-2005, 11:32 AM   #6
leticiazarain

Lolly, I believe I missed something! Where can I find information about this vacine??
Old 03-12-2005, 01:42 PM   #7
imported_Joe

Information of this trial and others can be found on our "News" page. Just click on the link at the top of this page.

Regards
Joe