HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2007, 11:30 AM   #21
LittleLegos

I thought I'd report back...

I've had pretty good thinning going on for my whole treatment (started on day 22), but still plenty of hair! I'd say I lost about 50%. It's noticable at the crown (in my part) and if I wear a pony tail. But it's been nice to have the hair. I guess once it starts to grow again, I'll have little hairs around.

I had my last Taxol last week and am just on to Herceptin.

Thanks again!

12/29/06 DCIS dx grade 2-3 with necrosis and focal early microinvasion
2/7/07 Partial Mastectomy and Sentinel Node Biopsy
2/18/07 dx .6cm IDC with DCIS 1.4cm, grade 2 ER-PR-HER2+++
neg nodes (3 taken), clean margins
3/20/07 Start 12 weekly Taxol - Herceptin, more Herceptin to follow
LittleLegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:59 AM   #22
hutchibk

I lost all hair starting on day 12 - was all gone by day 21. Then, little by little, about 3 months in, all of my eyelashes and eyebrows were gone as well.

I am 2 months out from my last Taxol treatment and it is all growing back with a vengeance!

NOV 2012 - 9 yr anniversary
JULY 2012 - 7 yr anniversary stage IV (of 50...)

Nov'03~ dX stage 2B
Dec'03~
Rt side mastectomy, Her2+, ER/PR+, 10 nodes out, one node positive
Jan'04~
Taxotere/Adria/Cytoxan x 6, NED, no Rads, Tamox. 1 year, Arimadex 3 mo., NED 14 mo.
Sept'05~
micro mets lungs/chest nodes/underarm node, Switched to Aromasin, T/C/H x 7, NED 6 months - Herceptin only
Aug'06~
micro mets chest nodes, & bone spot @ C3 neck, Added Taxol to Herceptin
Feb'07~ Genetic testing, BRCA 1&2 neg

Apr'07~
MRI - two 9mm brain mets & 5 punctates, new left chest met, & small increase of bone spot C3 neck, Stopped Aromasin
May'07~
Started Tykerb/Xeloda, no WBR for now
June'07~
MRI - stable brain mets, no new mets, 9mm spots less enhanced, CA15.3 down 45.5 to 9.3 in 10 wks, Ty/Xel working magic!
Aug'07~
MRI - brain mets shrunk half, NO NEW BRAIN METS!!, TMs stable @ 9.2
Oct'07~
PET/CT & MRI show NED
Apr'08~
scans still show NED in the head, small bone spot on right iliac crest (rear pelvic bone)
Sept'08~
MRI shows activity in brain mets, completed 5 fractions/5 consecutive days of IMRT to zap the pesky buggers
Oct'08~
dropped Xeloda, switched to tri-weekly Herceptin in combo with Tykerb, extend to tri-monthly Zometa infusion
Dec'08~
Brain MRI- 4 spots reduced to punctate size, large spot shrunk by 3mm, CT of torso clear/pelvis spot stable
June'09~
new 3-4mm left cerrebellar spot zapped with IMRT targeted rads
Sept'09~
new 6mm & 1 cm spots in pituitary/optic chiasm area. Rx= 25 days of 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the tumors.
Oct'09~
25 days of low dose 3D conformal fractionated targeted IMRT to the bone mets spot on rt. iliac crest that have been watching for 2 years. Added daily Aromasin back into treatment regimen.
Apr'10~ Brain MRI clear! But, see new small spot on adrenal gland. Change from Aromasin back to Tamoxifen.
June'10~ Tumor markers (CA15.3) dropped from 37 to 23 after one month on Tamoxifen. Continue to monitor adrenal gland spot. Remain on Tykerb/Herceptin/Tamoxifen.
Nov'10~ Radiate positive mediastinal node that was pressing on recurrent laryngeal nerve, causing paralyzed larynx and a funny voice.
Jan'11~ MRI shows possible activity or perhaps just scar tissue/necrotic increase on 3 previously treated brain spots and a pituitary spot. 5 days of IMRT on 4 spots.
Feb'11~ Enrolled in T-DM1 EAP in Denver, first treatment March 25, 2011.
Mar'11~ Finally started T-DM1 EAP in Denver at Rocky Mountain Cancer Center/Rose on Mar. 25... hallelujah.

"I would rather be anecdotally alive than statistically dead."
hutchibk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 06:07 AM   #23
justkelly

Re: starting weekly Taxol & Herceptin - hair loss?

I have finished 10 out of 12 weekly Taxol/Herceptin infusions and have not lost much hair at all, anywhere. Still have to shave my legs, and have shed maybe a few more hairs than I would have normally but nothing noticeable. Very minor side effects on this protocol, no nausea, a little fatigue the day after chemo but nothing that has slowed me down. I bought an expensive wig and stocked up on false eyelashes but have not needed them! Hopefully others have the same experience as I have.
12/23/2016 lumpectomy with 3 sentinel nodes removed; all nodes negative for mets. Developed armpit seroma which required 3 aspirations before resolving. Positive anterior margin will be treated later with tumor bed boost during radiation portion.
1/12/2017 Port inserted
1/17/2017 Began Taxol/Herceptin weekly
4/19/2017 Finished Taxol. Continue with Herceptin every 3 weeks for remainder of year.
5/11/2017-6/15/2017 daily radiation treatments to affected breast.
7/6/2017 Started daily Tamoxifen.
justkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 05:01 AM   #24
TiffanyS

I lost all of my hair when I was on Taxatore, however, I haven’t lost any hair while on Taxol, and even went for my second cut and colour since I lost all of my hair last April. It’s not as thick as it used to be, and it’s “baby fine” but it’s mine! My eyelashes are constantly falling out and growing back, and my eyebrows are thin, but I’m okay with that. I’m thinking about dying my eyebrows, as I’m not good and colouring them in with make-up.

I too still have to shave my legs, just not as often as I used to.

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬ ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
12/15 – First mammogram
01/16 – Second mammogram and ultrasound.
01/16 – Meet surgeon and go for third mammogram, second ultrasound and biopsy. Surgeon confirms cancer in left breast and lymph nodes and sets surgery date.
01/16 – Chest scan and bone scan done– all looks good.
02/16 – Surgery - left breast mastectomy and 16 lymph nodes removed (8 had cancer).
02/16 – CT scan done – small nodules on lung but Doctor advises it’s post surgical. They will continue to monitor just in case.
03/16 – Meet radiation oncologist and find out results of Pathology Report. I’m told that I have locally advanced breast cancer, based on the size of my tumour (7 cm!) and the fact that they found cancer cells in eight lymph nodes. I’m also told that I’m HER 2 positive, with high levels of estrogen and progesterone and that my cancer is stage 3, grade 2.
03/16 – Meet oncologist and am told that my cancer is actually grade 3, and that I should have done chemo before surgery. Too late now!
03/16 – Start first of six doses of chemo (Carboplatin and Docetaxal) and Herceptin (for 18 months). I was unable to get a full dose of Docetaxal after my first treatment due to liver enzymes being high.
04/16 – Have port put in.
06/16 – Finished chemo! One month off and then I start radiation.
06/16 – Start Tamoxifen.
07/16 – First radiation treatment – 24 more to go!
08/16 – Went for Genetic Testing to see if I have the BRCA gene. Tested negative for BRCA I and II
08/16 – Radiation oncologist biopsies “scar tissue” on my chest wall. I am told that I have a local recurrence and need to have rush surgery.
09/16 – Meet surgeon who advises that I need to meet with a plastic surgeon, as they will need to do a skin graft to close me up after surgery. Meet plastic surgeon and all looks good. A surgery date is set for October 4.
09/16 – Go for rush ultrasound, bone scan, breast MRI and CT scan.
09/16 – Meet oncologist who advises that the ultrasound and bone scan results look good, and that MRI shows three small masses at surgery site, but lymph nodes are clear. Still awaiting the results of the CT scan, but we are positive it will look good.
09/16 – Get a call from my oncologist, who advises that CT scan shows small spots on my lungs, and a large lymph node in the middle of my chest. This means the cancer has spread! She looks into getting me funded for TDM-1 and cancels my surgery.
10/16 – Meet oncologist, who advises that I have to take Perjeta before I can take TDM1. I start Perjeta/Herceptin every three weeks for an indefinite amount of time, and Taxol, which I will take two weeks in a row with one week off and then two weeks in a row for 8-16 treatments. Stop Tamoxifen.
10/16 – Meet surgeon, who reviews my CT scan and advises that the spots on my lungs may not be cancer, and that he doesn’t see a lymph node in my chest. He thinks it’s a spot on my lung. I’m feeling very confused! He advises that my oncologist doesn’t want me to have surgery to remove the three small masses on my scar line, as she wants to use them as a way to determine if the treatment is working. He advises that if they have not shrunk in 6 months, he will revisit surgery.
10/16 – CEA blood test to determine Tumour markers. Results were normal (2.7). My doctor advises that this could mean two things: (1) that the treatment is working, and the tumours are shrinking, or (2), that I'm one of those people who never get elevated CEA levels. Given that some people never get an elevated CEA level, this test doesn’t seem very accurate to me! Asked for PET scan, but am told I don’t qualify.
10/16 – Brain MRI – NED!
11/16 - CA-15-30 blood test – Tumour markers are normal at 19.
11/16 – Second CEA blood test – Tumours markers are still normal at 1.6 Second CA-15-30 blood test – Tumour markers are still normal at 19
11/16 – Develop lymphedema and have to wear a sleeve
12/16 – CT Scan shows that the tumors on my lungs and the lymph node in the middle of my chest are shrinking, and that some have resolved. Also, the small masses along my scar line are no longer visible. This means the medication is working!
12/16 – Small “pimple” shows up where old tumour on chest wall was located. Doctor is going to monitor it for now.
01/17 – A second “pimple” shows up on chest wall, as well as a small lump under the skin. My doctor thinks it’s scar tissue and will monitor it for now.
03/17 – Third CEA blood test and CA-15-30 blood test – Both normal at 2.5 and 25
03/17 – CT Chest scan to see if there’s improvement to chest and lungs – results are mixed. The good news is, lymph nodes are stable, there is improvement of previous lung changes due to radiation, and the cancer has not spread to my bones, spine or liver, etc. The bad news is that while some lung nodules remained stable, others increased by 1-2 mm and new ones have shown up. All of them were less than 1cm.
03/17 – Received my genetic test results from Foundation One. It found 11 genomic alterations, 3 therapies associated with potential clinical benefit, and 13 clinical trials from which I might benefit.
03/17 – Second brain MRI –NED!
03/17 – Ultrasound done to determine size of “pimples” on my chest wall. They will follow up with a second Ultrasound in three months, to see if they are growing.
04/17 – Was told that I have developed atelectasis, which is what’s causing my back pain.
05/17 – Full body CT scan scheduled to see if I’m still “stable”.
TiffanyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:57 AM   #25
justkelly

Done with all 12 weeks of Taxol! Will now just have Herceptin every three weeks for the rest of the year. Have about 90 percent of my hair remaining...definitely shedding heavier than normal---but if I can get thru the next two weeks without losing too much more I should be safe right? eyebrows and lashes still here.....
12/23/2016 lumpectomy with 3 sentinel nodes removed; all nodes negative for mets. Developed armpit seroma which required 3 aspirations before resolving. Positive anterior margin will be treated later with tumor bed boost during radiation portion.
1/12/2017 Port inserted
4/19/2017 Finished Taxol. Continue with Herceptin every 3 weeks for remainder of year.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:07 PM   #26
justkelly

Update.....4 weeks out of weekly Taxol and hair continues to shed and feels dry.... I would say I've lost about 40 per cent now. It doesn't matter that much, just want to give accurate info! Waiting to see how much I end up with.....
1/12/2017 Port inserted