HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-15-2004, 08:34 AM   #1
Lauren

I have been @#%&@ing and moaning about this for nearly two years!!!! I did AC followed by Taxotere and Herceptin and then continued Herceptin for a year after I finished the Taxotere. There was a LOT of bloating during the Taxotere and Herceptin and with the Herceptin alone, and my metabolism seems to have slowed to a crawl. I work out almost every day of the week - do Hot Yoga for 90 minutes or rollerblade or walk. I am 38 and in menopause (from chemo, then I had my ovaries removed). I am a good 10 pounds up since this whole ordeal started nearly two years ago, and I am so tired of being fat(ter than I used to be).

I have been off Herceptin for 3 weeks now, and I am waiting to see if I can lose these damn 10 pounds. I do know that I am more ABLE to be even MORE active now because I have more energy (anyone who says Herceptin doesn't have side effects never took it...or isn't me!!! lol...). And I have less of a desire to eat at night for "comfort", as I think I had been while on Herceptin.

It used to be that I could eat whatever I wanted, within reason, and remain skinny. Now, it is definitely no longer true.

As for my stupid love handles, I don't know if they are ever going to go away regardless of losing the weight. They just seem to be a part of menopause.

Sigh. At least I am alive to complain about it...

Lauren